Oga's drink recommendations?

Has anyone had any alcoholic drinks at Oga’s that they particularly enjoyed? They all look interesting but wondering if in reality they measure up. I realize they probably aren’t “worth” the crazy prices, but at least I want to make a decent choice for my money.

I’ve heard they are all meh at best.

I enjoyed them. I liked the T16 skyhopper and outer rim.

1 Like

I have tried two at DLR Oga’s and I wasn’t really impressed with either. These days I am not much of a drinker, but was with a friend who wanted to check it out. I got one with a collectible cup. It was waaaaaaay too strong for me. The drinks are all premixed, so you cannot get them weaker or stronger according to your preference. The other was the one with the numbing foam. Neither of us were fans, but the foam was trippy! Our lips were numb and tingly for hours. I wouldn’t say that it was enough to make it worth it though. If I go again, I will have to try the nonalcoholic drinks.

1 Like

Thanks for the sharing that! I’d heard interesting things about the Fuzzy Tantuan (or whatever it’s called) and was considering that, but I don’t think I’d like that sensation to last for hours. I was thinking it would be a few minutes, so I’m glad I found out now.

Your mileage may vary. I have heard that it didn’t last that long with others. It also wasn’t as strong, but was noticeable in that second hour.

1 Like

The numbing sensation only lasted a short time for me, maybe 5 minutes.

1 Like

We only had nonalcoholic - I enjoyed the Tarine tea. But we saw a couple different drinks that “bubbled” and they looked fun.

Wife and I had the the White Wampa Ale. We both enjoy Hefeweizen beers. We did not enjoy it and did did not taste anything like a hefeweizen.

I had the outer rim, which was good, but the weird fruit foam on top was pretty intense tasting near the end of the drink. I’d wanted the Bespon Fizz, but they were out. My sister had the Fuzzy Tauntaun and said it was a pretty standard fuzzy navel.

I’ve been a bunch of times in Disneyland and once during Passholder previews in Disney World. I really like the Jet Juice and the Fuzzy Tauntaun is unusual enough that I encourage anyone who likes to try new things to give it a shot. You may hate that one, but I didn’t and I haven’t consumed anything else quite like it before, which fits well with the theme of being in a shady cantina on a strange planet.

The other drinks I’ve tried - Dagobah Slug Slinger, Jedi Mind Trick, Outer Rim, and Gamorrean Red Ale - weren’t bad, but nothing special. I also tried the Gold Squadron Lager at Docking Bay 7 in Florida (I assume it’s the same inside the Cantina), which I’d characterize the same way.

Having been generally underwhelmed by the drinks, I’d still recommend a visit to the Cantina, because the atmosphere is fun and the setting is something special. It’s a little on the loud side, but that’s what you’d expect from a boisterous Star Wars watering hole.

1 Like

I’vs found this across WDW wherever I’ve ordered a cocktail.

2 Likes

The numbing foam did not last long for me. I liked the drink. I am not much of a drinker and liked the sweetness

2 Likes