Offer Submitted! edit: Again!

True. But incomes will also increase accordingly, so it works out to be the same, more or less, in a sense.

1 Like

That’s true - I’m an accountant so I understand the time value of money! But I just thought it was an interesting point of reference.

Congrats!!!

1 Like

I haven’t used them but I have heard lots of positive reviews. There are a couple of companies that don’t respond. I am so happy for you!

1 Like

Thanks! I have to say I’ve been inspired by the passion that all of you owners express! This forum is Disney’s best advertisement, whether they know it or not! :heart:

3 Likes

So I used https://www.dvcstore.com/ - which also says The Timeshare Store, Inc. It looks like they are one and the same! Phone number is identical. They were great! The other contract I purchased was through https://www.dvcresaleexperts.com/ and they were great too. Honestly, there wasn’t much back and forth. It was a very straight-forward process.

1 Like

@Nicky_S follows the boards and would know if there were issues with any DVC company (I know there are no issues here). I think Fidelity is the one people say will not respond at times?

1 Like

Congrats!!

1 Like

Congratulations! May your ROFR wait be short and sweet!!

2 Likes

This.

2 Likes

They’ve been around for 100 years and are very reputable. You’re good.

1 Like

Errrrrm. I appreciate the shout out @PrincipalTinker, but following ROFR and the resale market really isn’t something I do much of.

Sorry.

1 Like

I was thinking of posts on MouseOwners. It seems like there have been a few threads and I know you are much more regular there than I am.

2 Likes

Congrats on the accepted offer. May your future Disney experiences be many and fun!

1 Like

Congratulations!! Super exciting! I remember thinking that it felt very un real-estate like to not get a counter offer on our SSR low-bid back in 2017. Good luck with ROFR!

1 Like

Worked with them earlier this year. They were very easy to work with and communicated with me every step in the process. It was great. Congrats and welcome home!

2 Likes

I submitted my paperwork yesterday and got the notification from the broker that they submitted to Disney for ROFR today. I added a timeline to my initial post for future reference. If past is a guide, I could be hearing back on ROFR in about 20 days, when I’m scheduled to be on Safari in Africa or on an expedition to Everest!

5 Likes

You know, Joe Rohde was on top of a mountain in ?Nepal (trying to get cell service) when he learned that they got the go-ahead for Animal Kingdom, so in some convoluted way I feel like AK is a key to good news.

4 Likes

I made the mistake of digging through Disboard’s historical ROFR threads. Do you know how much an SSR contract was going for in 2013?

$47-60 / point. :flushed::flushed::flushed:

On the one hand, I feel terrible that I missed out on those prices.

On the other hand, it probably means that 8 years from now, those same points will be selling for $200+ / point. So it might just be a good investment after all.

3 Likes

the BLT prices were kinda the same. Like $67 in May of 2000. :cry:

1 Like