Offer Submitted! edit: Again!

No. In fact, borrowing often causes Stitch to appear. I have heard that it often requires a call to Member Services if you are borrowing. Not sure if that has resolved with the upgrade that happened a bit ago.

1 Like

You could borrow 75 and then buy up to 24 one time use points… not enabling or nothing…

2 Likes

Ha ha! I honestly thought of that. But I think what I need is just out of reach. I may try going through a rental service and see if some availability pops up or maybe they will get on a waitlist for me? I assume not, but if nothing else, I have an offsite hotel already booked.

1 Like

24 points are only for the 7 month booking window. You cannot buy it when booking between 7 and 11 months at home resort.

2 Likes

I just booked with borrowed points online with no problems. However, need to be careful not to use more than 50%. The website will let you do it, but your reservation will be cancelled automatically within a week of booking.

1 Like

There is a glitch that does not allow the borrowing to go through for some people. Most of the time it only happens with resale contracts (I recently did hear one direct owner report it). People were hopeful it would be addressed during the shut down/upgrades but it does not seem like they fixed anything.

4 Likes

Good to know. Mine is resale as well.

2 Likes

I too have luckily escaped this problem.

1 Like

I will say I really appreciated the ease of buying transfer points from another owner. BUT those points were for a stay at VGC that got canceled since it was right as CA was opening up. So now I am point heavy and have to remember banking deadlines for a completely different UY! But the flexibility is really nice.

3 Likes

@Jeff_AZ - am I reading this right that there was about a 7-day delay between you getting into the system (i.e. having a log-in) and the points being loaded?

1 Like

Yes, give or take. They seem to prioritize people who need to use their points though.

1 Like

Great! Thanks!

1 Like