Off-site and RoTR (yep, another thread about this...)

We have been staying off-site this week. Monday night (3/7), we were able to do Rise by getting in line around 8:00 during the massive downpour. The wait was posted 2 hours, but our thought was at least it was dry! We ended up waiting maybe 40 minutes, if that. I’m sure the weather had a part in that.

Today, Saturday, 3/12, is our last park day, and we are at HS again. We decided on Rise at RD, it was posted 75 minutes when we got in line and we waited less than 45. DH & I were both trying to get ILL$ for it at park opening, but we weren’t fast enough. I was able to get one a few minutes before 9, and that made my day! I wasn’t constantly refreshing, I just happened to catch it. There is hope!

10 Likes

You did great!

1 Like

We were at Epcot Monday and I’m impressed that you did anything during that downpour! We took shelter in the gift shop by the Starbucks, and then decided to make a break for Figment (don’t judge me, I have a five year old). Within 30 seconds we were drenched and the puddles were up to my eight year old’s shins so we gave up and ran to the monorail.

The weather this past week has been ROUGH!

3 Likes

No judgement from me! That rain was crazy! We were me and DH, DS21 and his gf, and DS19–no little kids. When it first started raining, I was sitting outside RnRC waiting for my family, and I put my rain jacket on, no big deal. Then the skies opened up and the cats and dogs started falling, and I ran for cover at the exit of RnRC, and there were sooo many people there, I think the CMs starting making them leave. My people all had rain jackets; we moved over under and umbrella near BatB, not that it helped much, but we decided to get in line for Rise hoping the line had gotten shorter, but even if not–what else were we going to do? It was raining so hard, and once we got to Toy Story Land, there was a lot of standing water; when we got to Batuu, it was even deeper. My DH didn’t want to go through it back there (not sure why it mattered at that point), but we did because we were close and I said I wasn’t going all the way back around by muppets! When we left the park, it was probably 5-6 inches deep on the main street of the park.

2 Likes

The weather has been insane!

1 Like

It was crazy! I’m afraid it may have been our fault :joy: This was our 12th trip, and we have been at WDW for 2 hurricanes (Jeanne 2004 and Katrina 2005) and I believe 6 tropical storms? Plus there was the February trip when it poured rain and was 45 degrees; that was…fun. It always rains when we are there.

1 Like

Please don’t go in July!!

3 Likes

I promise I won’t! Our next trip likely won’t be for at least 2 years, sadly.

1 Like

I don’t know, I might like some rain on July. It’s going to be hotter than hades!

There is a major difference between ‘some rain’ and 2 hurricanes and 6 tropical storms :joy:

1 Like

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: true.

1 Like