October WDW Trip Report Summary

We had an amazing trip! I post trip reports mostly to give Liners another data point and help answer any questions. No photos, but hopefully some information that will be helpful to others. Feel free to ask any questions!

Dates: 10/21-10/26
Who: Me, DW, DD8, DS6
Resort: Bay Lake Tower

Day 1- Arrival Day - Evening at HS.

7:00 am - I’m on MDE and start my stacking plan for an evening at HS. Pick up LL for SDD.

Plane landed at MCO around 3:30 pm. Pick-up rental car and drive to BLT.

Quick dinner from Contempo Cafe and then drive to HS at about 6:45 pm.

We enter HS around 7:00 pm with LLs for SDD, MMRR, TSMM, MFSR and A2S. Modify in MDE was very helpful in lining these up.

Between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, we ride all 5 LL rides in this order: MMRR, SDD, TSMM, A2S and MFSR.

Posts for Day 2-5 to come.

14 Likes

Love riding in geographical order. Very nice!

2 Likes

Day 2 - MK (10:00 am - 5:30 pm)

The original plan was to RD EE, but we didn’t get back to BLT from HS until after 10:00 pm so we decided to let the kids sleep in a bit.

I was up before 7:00 am to book PP LL and 7DMT ILL (and to revise my now worthless RD based TP).

We got lucky. Crowds were very low, even for a party night. LL times for HM, BTMRR and Space were advancing slowly. Lower tier LLs were immediate returns.

Total LLs: 11

10:10 am - PP LL (book HM LL)
IASW Standby-by
HM LL (book Meet Mickey LL)
7DMT ILL (Ride broke down while in line after tap-in. We were each given an All Experience Pass.
Meet Mickey LL (book BTMRR LL)
Shop
Lunch - Columbia Harbor House
BTMRR LL (book Space LL)
Snack
Use All Experience Pass for 7DMT
Space LL
Pirates LL
Magic Carpets LL
Dumbo LL
Barnstormer LL
Barnstormer Stand-by
Buzz LL
Speedway LL

Walk back to BLT

Dinner in room

Pool time

10 Likes

Day 3 -Epcot (8:30 am-5:00 pm)

7:00 am - Got 10:10 to 11:10 am Remy. Purchased Cosmic Rewind ILL for 3:00 pm return time.

8:15 am arrive at Epcot and in line for EE. There was a long line to get into the park.

8:50 am - Arrive at FEA. Sign says 45 mins. TP app says 23 minds. TP with the win … it was about 25 mins.

9:30 am - Ride Three Caballeros

10:08 am Use LL for Remy. Grab 3:00 tp 4:00 pm LL for TT.

10:15 am- Noon am Meet and Great characters in World Showcase area

12:08 pm - Grab LL for Soarin’

12:30- 1:30 pm QS Lunch at Connections.

1:30 pm-3:00 pm Use LL for Soarin’; grab LL for Nemo; Meet Goofy and Minnie near park entrance; Snack.

3:00 pm - Use TT LL (LL line was long)

3:45 pm - Use ILL for Cosmic Rewind

4:15 pm - Use LL for Nemo

4:30 pm - Journey of Water

7 Likes

Impressive!

2 Likes

“Modify” in MDE was the key to making that happen.

2 Likes

Who did you meet and greet with in world showcase? Was it planned or did you stumble upon them?

1 Like

Donald in Mexico, Daisy on the International Gateway Bridge, and Pluto at the Gazebo near the entrance to World Showcase. We walked by the Aurora meet and greet at France, but my kids are no longer interested in princesses so we skipped it.

Planned. There is a character schedule each day in MDE that lists times for each character meet and greet. We find this especially helpful in Epcot. There were also times for Alice, Mulan, Belle, Snow White and other in World Showcase the day we were there.

To see the schedule on MDE, click on the second icon from the left on the Botton of the screen, then click on the drop down arrow next to “Wait Time”, then click on “Characters”, and then click on “Show List”. You will see a list of characters and when you click on a character it will show the remaining times for the day for that character. You can also filter the charters by park. We really like this feature in MDE.

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Day 4 - The best day of our trip! EP am, MK pm and MNSSHP

The original plan was a pool morning, MK for a few hours, a break, and then MNSSHP, but ,
the kids loved Guardians so much that DW and I changed things up.

We switched our park res to Epcot with the plan being a trip to EP solely to ride Guardians. Then we would go to the resort pool and head to MK around 2:00 pm where we would stay through the party.

When the kids woke up in the morning, we surprised them by saying we were going to Epcot for one more ride on Guardians. They were both so excited.

After Epcot, we went to the resort pool and then walked to MK around 3:45 pm.

Note: I’m sure this isn’t something new, but a tip for MK LL when you are hopping to MK. Even if you don’t want to ride PP and JC, pick PP and JC with your first 2 LL’s as soon as they pass the 2:00 pm return time for booking LLs at a hop park. Then keep modifying those PP and JC LL’s for later until your desired LL rides hit the 2:00 pm return time mark (in our case, BTMRR and Space). Then modify the PP and JC LLs to the rides that you want. This will allow you to get more total LLs during the day and have 2-3 LLs stacked when you arrive to MK. You can do this with other rides too, but the key is booking as many LLs post 2:00 pm as soon as you can and then working the modify option to fit your plan.

4:00pm-6:30pm - BTMRR, Mine Train, Barnstormer, Meet Pooh and Tigger, Space, Get MNSSHP wrist bands, Treehouse, Souvenir Shopping, Photopass MNSSHP family photos.

6:30m-7:30pm - dinner at Pecos Bill’s

7:30pm-8:15 - Tea Cups and Astro Orbiter (the line for Astro Orbiter took so long). At this point, I’m feeling like the party hours are getting away from us.

8:30 pm - Find spot in Frontierland for the Boo to You Parade (my favorite of all the parades). Eat snacks while waiting for the parade.

9:15 pm - Parade. Note - When DD8 was 3 years old, she called the parade “Mickey’s Booty to You” so we always joke about that.

9:50 pm - Find spot in Hub for Fireworks.

10:30 pm - Meet Tweedles.

And this is where the night took a turn for the great!

10:45 pm: Meet Stitch

11:10 pm - Race over to see if Meet Seven Dwarves is still open. It is! Waited less than 10 mins.

11:25 pm - Race over to see if Meet Jack and Sally in still open. We get there and the CM said they are letting people in for 2 more mins. We are so excited. Hop in line and wait about 15 mins to meet Jack and Sally!

11:55 pm One last ride on Space to end the night!

Meeting Stitch, Seven Dwarves and Jack Sally over the course of an hour was amazing! The kids were so happy!

8 Likes

Thank you so much for stacking tips and the party tips.

2 Likes

Day 5 - HS (3:00 pm - 11:00 pm including Extended Evening Hours from 9-11)

A sleep-in day after a very late night at MNSSHP. Even thought I didn’t fall asleep until after 2:00 am, I was back up at 6:55 am to start stacking for HS.

7:00 am - book SDD LL (and keep modifying back) and Rise ILL
11:00 am - book ToT LL
1:00 pm - book TSMM LL

3:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Rise ILL
Meet and Greets with Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Frozone, and Sully
SDD LL
TSM LL
Meet and Greets with Chewbacca and Darth Vader.

6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Dinner at Backlot Express

7:15 - get seats for Fantasmic!

8:45 - ToT LL

9 pm-11 pm (Extended Evening Hours)

A2S (3 times in a row)
TSMM (walk-on)
SDD (25 min wait)
Star Tours
MMRR (arrived at 10:59 pm and got onto the last train for the night!)

4 Likes