October trip

Hi everyone! Hope this thread finds everyone healthy! I once again need advice- we had a trip planned for next weekšŸ˜« but decided to push it back because of the Labor Day crowds. Now weā€™re going October 13-17. Do yā€™all think crowds will still be ok? Iā€™m sorry worried they are going to start opening up to more people. I know that will be a good thing when they do and Iā€™m being selfish for wanting short lines but Iā€™m high risk so I just donā€™t want to spend money to feel super uncomfortable. Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s thoughts? Thanks so much! Take care!

I guess Iā€™m trying to make myself feel better that if we would have gone next week it would be no crowds and now that weā€™ve waited itā€™s going to be much more crowded.

I think regardless of the crowds, you will be ok. There will be fewer people if international travelers, and multiple states cannot visit?

That being said, that week in October is a long weekend for many people. I think you would have the same issue as this week?

Thatā€™s what I was thinking too but after talking to several cast members they told me that Columbusā€™ day isnā€™t as big as Labor Day? And that most people will be gone by Wednesday? But I guess we would have to worry about another outbreak possibly. Iā€™m at a lossšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Has anyone ever traveled the week of Columbus Day?

The weather will probably be more pleasant in a month. Regarding another outbreak I wouldnā€™t be worried about WDW shutting down again so if you are comfortable going now then I would think the risk in a month will be about the same.

We have traveled the week of Columbus Day many times (my kids have always had a week long fall break). It used to be a great time to go, but over recent years it has become quite busy (that hasnā€™t stopped us from going though). We are still going this year and I expect it wonā€™t be as crowded.

Pre Covidā€”. We were going to go after Columbus Day so I asked about this. The consensus seemed the further away from Columbus Day you got the better the crowds will be. We ended up booking for the week after, the 21-?. Now cancelled :frowning: I think itā€™s all unknown now with park caps and what notā€¦

No one really knows how COVID will impact the crowds but in a pre-COVID world the last few years it has been a little crowded (not Presidentā€™s week crowded) over Labor Day weekend, but everyone leaves around mid-day on Monday and the rest of the week is very low crowds? More people stay around in October.

1 Like

I think that fall 2020 is pretty much anybodyā€™s guess at this point! I have heard a lot of stories of cancelled fall breaks, so there could be fewer crowds on Columbus Day. I know that my husband doesnā€™t get the day off. But at the same time, with the all-remote learning scenarios, maybe more parents will ā€œpullā€ their kids out.

For what itā€™s worth, we are going the week after since my kids arenā€™t in school yet because I love that time of year!

1 Like

We ended up cancelling our October trip.

Disney just released a bunch of discounts and opened more restaurants, so I think they are trying to drive more crowds.

Theyā€™ll probably be increasing daily capacity soon, so there will be more people, lines will be longer, and I suspect enforcement of COVID practices gets harder as more people are in the park.

1 Like