October 2015 Roll Call

One question I had, in regards to the International Food & Wine festival, which I believe is going to be going on from 25 September to 16 November - does this happen every day, or is it just on certain days?

Also, in the past I’ve seen people use gift cards on lanyards and such as a quick/convenient way to pay for the food. Is that still the best way, or is it set up where the Magic Bands will work to pay?

F&W is every day in that time frame. Lucky us! You should be able to pay at most (if not all) stands with your Magic Band.

3 Likes

Seriously considering taking my niece for her 21st birthday, October 25 -31! Very seriously. i think it will depend on whether I can get a good bounce back when we are there in March

So excited I’ll be there Oct 10-17th with DH, DD19, and DS6 turning DS7 while we are there. We last went Dec 2013. This is our first MNSSHP, hoping to do it on Thurs 15 to celebrate DS birthday. First time for Food and Wine festival. Also first time staying at AoA, LM room. First ride on 7DMT also! Surprise trip for DS, also first plane rides for DD and DS. This trip is going to be exciting. Glad to be sharing all the planning and countdown with you all. My DH is laughing at my list of hopeful ADRs and beginning to organize which FPP plus we might want to try and get. 253 to go. Happy Planning Everyone!

3 Likes

Thanks was thinking I would get the gift card but maybe not if we can use our magic bands.

That sounds so great! I think I’m now more excited for your trip than mine!! :smile:

1 Like

I had a Fast Pass for it when I was there at the beginning of January. I’m glad and highly recommend it. But make sure to take time when you are in the “mountain” to look at all the details of the theming and then be sure to walk around all of New Fantasyland and look at the details. It is really beautiful. (Even the Rapunzel bathroom area is remarkable!)

2 Likes

We are on our third year of celebrating ds’ bday at mnsshp… He will love it!!! Also AoA is so great!! Ds5 (6 in oct eeekkk) loves the splash pad by the nemo pool and walking around the cars area! The theming really can’t be beat!

1 Like

Even on a bracelet, a gift card can be lost. Then you’re out whatever amount of money was. on it. Losing the magic band would be very inconvenient, but not a direct hit to your wallet. But I’m a worrier, so I might be overthinking the whole thing!

I’m also so excited for the mine train. It was still being built last time I was there. Seeing Fantasyland without construction walls is going to be awesome.

3 Likes

Thank you!

They hadn’t even started it the last time we were there (earlier September of 2012) - and Fantasyland was a mess!

1 Like

Our only other time at FW we didn’t know what to expect so we kept our EP ADRs. Not this time.

One day our lunch is eat from Canada to Japan. The next visit (of two scheduled this trip) is dinner from Mexico to Canada.

Some of the good we had last time was incredible. I think I could eat Greek griddle cheese for days. I want the recipe.

New here! Planning to book my first big trip to WDW later this week for 10/24-30. First time taking all three of my kiddos - very excited! Even though it’s still about 9 months away, I’m grateful for the time I have to absorb the vast amounts of information out there. :smile:

5 Likes

our dates will overlap! where are you staying?

Planning to book at Pop Century - I am super excited!

Pop is wonderful, I think you’ll love it. How old are your kiddos? Have any been before?

250 days to go. The COP 40th anniversary shirt I ordered for my DS arrived today. Saving it for the day we leave as part of the surprise.

2 Likes

My kids (all boys) will be 7, 9, & 11 when our trip rolls around. The older two have been - four years ago the day after Christmas at MK. I was with a group of people who refused to plan anything so it was a little frustrating and frankly, the kids were not impressed. I wouldn’t have been, either. SO happy to be the one in charge this time. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the warm welcome!

4 Likes

feel free to ask lots of questions here. everyone is super helpful.

I can see that! I’ve never encountered such a positive and inclusive group of people on a forum before. It’s absolutely lovely!

2 Likes