OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

And you are poised to jump in and take it back at the slightest sign of unauthorized usage!

8 Likes

You read me correctly! :joy:

7 Likes

Unrelated to adorbs kids with sabers pics, but totally related to SW…

A situation at work has met with my disapproval. I am not gaining the cooperation of the folks higher up on the food chain. But what I want to do makes sense and I have full support of my boss. We are going…

Rogue.

8 Likes

Beg for forgiveness instead of asking for permission. Easy peasy.

2 Likes

It was a conversation that went like this:

Them: HELP US! HELP US!
Me: Here is a really fantastic way for us to help you! It will offload some of your work AND save you money!
Them: NO! NOT LIKE THAT!

:woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Usually, it goes like this …

Them: Help us do this impossible thing!
Response: That’s impossible, but we could help you do this instead that would achieve your goals and be realistic.
Them: (stamping feet) NO! We want the impossible instead!

6 Likes

I spent an hour of my time today, involving 6 different people in 2 different locations within 3 different departments over at least a dozen emails to figure out who could order office supplies for the new girl. Also… I don’t even work on the same team as this girl, nor am I an admin who would handle such things so I really don’t know why I was even involved. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

It was actually more like that, come to think of it.

4 Likes

Ah work.

We wouldn’t do it if it didn’t get is to WDW!

6 Likes

My last conversation …

Me: I’m not sure this should be an HR responsibility. It would seem to fall under X’s duties.
Them: Well, X doesn’t have time for that! They have way too much to do for that.

Later in the same meeting …
Them: We’re not even sure what X does all day! X says he’s at meetings at (undisclosed location), but when I went to that meeting no one there even knew who X was!

Me in my head: So you’re saying X does have time to do this task instead of HR. You just want us to do it because we actually do things?

7 Likes

Adorable!

I almost got my daughter a Rey costume from GE when she was 7-8, but she wasn’t interested at all and I had to tell myself “if she doesn’t want it, don’t buy it” :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I would like a Rey costume, if you are feeling compelled to buy one just the same.

8 Likes

The Book of Boba Fett official trailer is here. The series premieres Dec. 29 on Disney+.

7 Likes

:thinking: The trailer isn’t mind-blowing.
I’m looking forward to it though.

2 Likes

I like the tone here and the basic premise. I’m looking forward to it a lot! I need more Star Wars in my life. 2022 is going to be epic!

4 Likes

I agree, it was a bit underwhelming to be honest. But of course, this is just a trailer. Mando just set the bar super high for these series.

4 Likes

Really? I found Mando fine. Good. Decent. But they failed to engage me enough to care to watch the second season. They never made me care about any character, other than the one character they killed off in the first season. I left season one going, “Well. Okay,” and with almost zero interest in continuing watching.

Boba Fett intrigues me, though, because it is already a character we all know and even have some backstory for going in. We’ll see if they manage to make me care enough to keep watching, though.

1 Like

:flushed: I have never disagreed with or failed to understand your point of view more.

9 Likes

You should watch Season 2. I think the things that didn’t click for you in Season 1 are improved in Season 2.

3 Likes

The episodic style of the show felt very…80s to me. I assume it was intentionally done that way, but as a result, it made it difficult to connect to the characters. Mando was kept mysterious intentionally as well, which again, made connecting to him difficult. Then there is “baby Yoda”, which felt more like a gimmick (the baby part) to sell merch than necessary. (Again, talking Season 1…obviously, his character in general is significant and a driving factor of things.)

Now, I reiterate. I felt it was a good show, but not great.

2 Likes