OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Nobody watch this if you want to have anything else in your head for the rest of the week!!! My husband will sometimes play it as torture when he’s mad at me.

3 Likes

There was a follow up song.

2 Likes

I refuse to click on that.

3 Likes

This is really a great idea, but I can’t believe you’re doing it by yourself. I feel like I’d need to watch with someone to be able to pick out all the details that just fly over my head. Admittedly I’ve never seen all the movies either. Maybe I should before my next trip.

2 Likes

Why? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

For Valentines Day this year DW gave me a Star Wars shirt with picture of Stormtroopers and language that read “You’re the One I’m Looking For”. I open it up and start laughing. DW is not a Star Wars fan … she bought it without knowing the reference so had no idea why I was laughing.

5 Likes

Ahem.

Watch this space.

I do intend to revisit it as we go along to clarify things (like, for example, parsecs) and to practice flinging random statements

6 Likes

When you get to Return of the Jedi, the entire script can basically be read as on innuendo after another.

3 Likes

Ooh I can hardly wait!

(also WSS)

5 Likes

I’m going to have to bookmark this thread for whenever I finally get around to watching them. All of them. All 20+ hours of them. Yikes!

4 Likes

And after all that, you can watch the two seasons of The Mandalorian, so you can understand the fuss about “Baby Yoda.” The Mandalorian is set five years after Return of the Jedi. Lots of nice tie-ins.

4 Likes

It’ll be priceless when you spring your new found expertise on DH

4 Likes

Or at least season one. I finished season one and have absolutely no interest in watching further. They did not create any characters compelling enough to care about going on to season two for. Truth be told, the only character I really cared about in season one was ultimately killed.

1 Like

I adored season 1 but I thought season 2 was even better. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Yeah that’s tough.
Had that happen with another show and found myself thinking: OK, no point in doing this anymore.

I…I got nothing. Every “coo” from that child and I am butter…BUTTER! I rewind, and watch again. The no touching scene. I laughed out loud, watched it 3 times over and over, then called in my DS and DH who aren’t watching the series in separately to watch it again with them. I then proceeded to mimic it for 2 weeks after. Jon Favreau is AMAZING! (Also, just watched him in “Chef” SUCH a cute movie!)

As a loud and proud nerd my entire life, admittedly the world of SW was hard to follow for me. 7,8,9 and the Mandalorian all helped explain the world a little better and helped me appreciate it far more than I ever did when I was just a loud and proud 3,4,5 traditionalist.

I think I’m saying 7,8,9, and Mando are to bring in the non book reading, non die hard fans.

6 Likes

I thought season two went deeper into the characters from season one, and had more tie-ins with characters/things/places from previous movies, not just what you see in the Mandalorian episodes. It got richer.

4 Likes

That’s all fine and well. But as I said, they didn’t successfully make me care enough to watch season two. So whether season two is better or not is moot if they don’t make me WANT to watch season two.

Mostly I was just glad season one was done and over so that I could move on to other things. :slight_smile:

Loved both seasons overall, but did find some individual episodes pretty boring where I felt obligated to watch them but not terribly excited about it. Losing an awesome character was disappointing too.

1 Like

I literally cannot imagine having this reaction to season 1. When I watched, I just wanted …

6 Likes