OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

What sucks about watching these shows that are prequels to things is knowing that certain characters aren’t going to make it!
Nemik and Kino for example were shaping up to be great characters, but since those characters aren’t part of subsequent stories, we really should know better than to fall in love with them :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I think that’s exactly how it was supposed to be interpreted! They are both villains. You’re not supposed to like them. But they both have motivations that you can understand intellectually. And the circumstances they are in are very complex and human, which I found so delicious, for lack of a better word. It was a feast of emotions. Just a dense bit of world / character building.

5 Likes

We finally watched Andor too. For some reason I delayed watching it, thinking I wouldn’t like it. Everyone in my family loved it. So well done!

4 Likes

Agree with everything you said! And now I’m thinking of rewatching it :grin:

4 Likes

I think it’s worse when you know they survive but the show tries to create drama by putting them in life threatening situations. Can’t think of an example but when I do I’ll share :grin:

4 Likes

How about Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader in the Obi-Wan show?

6 Likes

Yes perfect!!!

3 Likes

And here I’ve been avoiding this thread for 5 days because I thought it would contain spoilers for the new season of Bad Batch, but noooooo just more Andor talk :joy:

So Bad Batch! Yay!! We’re seeing the helmets get more Stormtrooper-ish and less Clone trooper-ish

3 Likes

I tried. I really did. I hung in there through 8 or 10 episodes of the first season, then I just couldn’t care any more.

2 Likes

I’ve loved these first few episodes, especially episode 3! Very emotional.

3 Likes

I was distracted by knowing he played Peter Townsend in The Crown :rofl:

4 Likes

My husband and I LOVED the BBC show Coupling, and so every time I see him, I yell, “Oh, it’s Patrick!”

5 Likes

Really? What was emotional in the third episode? Crosshair being all alone? I suppose it was…. I’m just not that invested in him as a character to care. He doesn’t feel conflicted enough.

3 Likes

Not emotional like making me want to cry, but it got to the emotions and motivations of the characters. I agree that Crosshair doesn’t seem super conflicted, and that’s what’s interesting about his character. Meanwhile Cody obviously was. It’s an interesting contrast.

4 Likes

I understand this conversation :partying_face::partying_face:

I’ve done a peripheral viewing of some of the animation and hope to watch clone wars and bad batch properly soon. There’s just so much of it :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

ok. Nearly 2300 posts, I finally need to request this:

Can we PLEASE change the thread title? I’m so tired of passing by this thread and wondering “Why is someone watching Southwest?? What’d they do now?!” :rofl:

Thank you and good day.

2 Likes

I think only the OP can change that.

Oh that’s me…

:thinking:

5 Likes

6 Likes

I feel I’m getting a small taste of what it might be like to be a Benevolent Overlord.

It’s kind of underwhelming TBH.

6 Likes

OK. How’s that?

1 Like