NYE with kids - AK then Raglan Road or Homecomin?

Travelling as a party of 8. Two families, each with kids 7 and 10. We’ve decided to avoid the crowds at Epcot and MK and go to Animal Kingdom on Dec 31. We are staying at OKW. Around 7pm, we are planning to leave AK and head back to OKW - then over to DS by boat. Contemplating either Homecomin or Raglan Road around 8pm. Thoughts? Advice? Also, a little worried about bus travel back to OKW from AK… I’ve heard the roads can be nuts that evening. Open to suggestions.

Raglan Road has a great show that my daughter always enjoyed. The food is delicious.

Never been to Homecoming, but I’ve heard wonderful things about it.

1 Like

Both are really good but for NYE, I think Raglan Road would be more fun.

3 Likes

Why bus?? Take the ferry! It’s delightful :blush::blush::blush:

3 Likes

I don’t think Animal Kingdom has boat service. We’d need to take the bus back to OKW and then will stop at the room before heading to DS. Sounds like the roads get pretty clogged up on NYE.

From DS I thought was what you meant. I guess I see now that it says AK LOL

2 Likes

Also, does anyone know what time AK is open until on NYE? I’ve read 7pm and 8pm. The Disney website doesn’t list times that far in advance.

Last year, AK closed at 8:00 pm. That would be my guess for this year, too.

Thank you. I’ve found information online that said 7pm AND 8pm. It’s confusing.

1 Like

We went to Raglan Road on NYE with our two kids and it was a great choice. The dancing is always so fun and of course the food is good. We didn’t want to be in the park craziness but wanted to celebrate somewhere.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience.

If you want a party feeling, Raglan Road.

2 Likes