NYE in Magic Kingdom 2019

We have a large group (16) of various ages. What is there to do NYE in the magic kingdom? Is this a special ticket event?

I don’t have a lot of insight on events (I know there is obviously special fireworks etc on NYE) but worth noting that it’ll be as crowded as it ever gets in MK. In previous years they closed the gates before noon as the park was at full capacity, so to make sure you get in go early. I recall they did start letting people back in around 5PM, maybe someone has more insight.

Many wdw sites have practical info for special events, for example: New Year's Eve at Disney World

Have never been to WDW on NYE, but have to imagine it’s bedlam. Welcome to the Forum

Welcome to the forums! We have been to WDW twice during that time of year and choose to enjoy the NYE fireworks in Magic Kingdom on December 30. It is the same fireworks show as the one on December 31. They actually do the fireworks twice on December 30 and 31, one earlier in the evening and then one at midnight. They also do dance parties in two locations in the park that are super fun! We love that time of year in Magic Kingdom!