Now doing a split stay! - AKL Questions

Very confusing!

1 Like

At AKL right now. Mouse keeping everyday. Payed for standard. Received bunk bed room with view of savannah. Room 4545.

2 Likes

We were in kudu trail room 4214ish (I can’t remember exactly). We had giraffes, bongo and stork or cranes outside our room at some point during the day. The bongo were there every day.It’s a queen standard room, very close (2 minutes, if that) to and only one floor up from the lobby. 5 minutes to Mara and a pool lounger (including the lift ride).

2 Likes

Yes! That is very close to the area I always request!

1 Like

That’s awesome!! Ok I’m definitely going to request that area now. Thanks @BigPetesWife and @PrincipalTinker! You’re giving me hope :smile:

I wanted to share this with you. Remember you saying that you wanted to eat at Sanaa. This really sounds like a cool experience. And price wise it seems like a good deal.

We do have a dinner reservation there already! That seems pretty cool, just not sure if we’ll be around during a lunch hour at all

We stayed at AKL in April with standard view. We wanted a bunk bed room, but the TP hotel finder does NOT list standard view bunk beds as a room category. Note that if you search savanna view bunk beds you can see the approximate amount of bunk bed rooms versus 2 queen rooms in that part of the hotel; I’d assume it’s about the same in the standard view areas. Some folks from the UK told me on here that standard view bunk beds is a separate, more expensive, bookable category for them. Anyway, I did my TP room request fax in the following manner: bunk beds, kudu trail, upper floor. I didn 't request a specific room number at all as I didn’t know which ones had the bunk beds. We got room 4322, which was exactly what we had requested! That whole area is great; any of the rooms on that side of kudu trail will see what we saw, which was giraffes, zebras, and lots of other animals. Across the savanna you can see the windows of Sanaa. There’s a small fenced in service area by the hotel, doesn’t block the view at all, but maybe that’s why these rooms are classified as standard view.

So bunk bed rooms can be classified as standard? I was hoping to grab one but wasn’t sure if they were considered a higher prices room?!? Great info on your view… Sounds like something we would like in oct!

For the Standard category, the room can be either bunks or 2 queens. It’s only in the other categories (Pool View, Arusha View, etc) that they are separate bookable categories, and the bunks cost more in those categories.

1 Like

Thanks! My ds5 would flip for bunk beds!

Just renewed my TP membership and did my fax request for your room! Thanks for all the info!!! Hope we get it :wink: (or something close!)

1 Like