Now doing a split stay! - AKL Questions

So excited we’re now able to stay at AKL as well as POR! But I have a couple of questions about the AKL portion if anyone is able to help :smile:

• When booking a stay at a Deluxe as a regular room reservation through Disney (not a DVC rental), is it subject to the “Trash and Towel only” housekeeping service? Or does it have regular housekeeping service?
  • We’ll be in Jambo, right? Are there standard view rooms that still have a view of the savannah? Where is good to request?
  • Is the night-vision goggle animal viewing free?
  • Is there a way to ensure we get two queen beds instead of a bed and bunks other than just requesting it?
  • Is the transit time to MK by bus really that bad?

I’m sure I’ll think of more questions, but thank you all in advance!

3 Likes

I don’t have anything helpful to add @mALYficent but just wanted to say I’m SO HAPPY for you that you were able to get your upgrade!! :slight_smile: Hopefully @Outer1 will be able to give you a few pointers as he did a split stay at the same places, if I’m not mistaken. That would be my top pick for a Deluxe resort for sure!! Have fun making the new plans!! :smile:

2 Likes

Since Outer is likely up to his eyeballs in Lapu Lapu’s and fountains about now :wink: I’m sure he won’t mind me passing on the link to his fab trip report https://thatdisneyguy.wordpress.com/ . Maybe you’ve read it already but just in case… It was a fun read and it may have some helpful info in it for you! :smile:

1 Like

Haven’t yet read it, will take a perusal! Thanks @LoveBug53 :smile:

1 Like

If you book it through WDW you will get full MouseKeeping every day.

I believe that WDW books in both Jambo and Kidani - your reservation should indicate which one. If not, call them up and ask.
EDIT: Sorry, I misread what you wrote. I thought you were booking a DCV Villa through WDW rather than renting points. Standard resort rooms are in Jambo.

Night Vision goggles were free when we went, but that was when dinosaurs roamed the Earth…

1 Like

When booking a stay at a Deluxe as a regular room reservation through Disney (not a DVC rental), is it subject to the “Trash and Towel only” housekeeping service? Or does it have regular housekeeping service?
Regular housekeeping in standard non-dvc rooms.

We’ll be in Jambo, right? Are there standard view rooms that still have a view of the savannah? Where is good to request?
Yes, there are standard rooms that have a Savannah view. Use the room view map on touring plans to find suitable rooms. We had a room on kudu trail with a Savannah view.

Is the night-vision goggle animal viewing free?
Yes it is. You get to by walking past the pool of Jambo house and just keep walking round the side of the building.

Is there a way to ensure we get two queen beds instead of a bed and bunks other than just requesting it?
I believe that bunk bed rooms are an additional cost, so you should get two queens anyway.

Is the transit time really that bad?
We didn’t think so, but we haven’t stayed anywhere else. The bus only stops at Kidani, first, then Jambo, so you usually get a seat on your way in and can sit back and enjoy the ride. Even if you can’t, it really isn’t too long to stand.

You’ll love it there.

1 Like

I’ve only had three drinks today… But we’re going to jelly rolls later so no promises.

2 Likes

Yes, you will be in Jambo. Housekeeping is just like a regular hotel. I doubt you’d get bunk beds if you didn’t want them unless you specifically booked it that way.

:wine_glass: :wine_glass: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :beer: :beer: :beers: :beers:
Repeat as necessary. :heart:

Butting in…we are staying for the first time in October with a standard room so any input I will take :wink:

Congrats @mALYficent! Look at the room finder- the photo for I think 4238 was from my trip last year. This year I requested 4236 but the text included the room I got: 4218- amazing view! I will see if posting a photo works for me this morning.

I did post more photos in the fax thread around April 23rd

2 Likes

4 Likes

That looks awesome!! I found 4322 on the room finder and it looks like it has a really nice view too, so I think that’s the one I’m going to request. Should I be worried about how far away it is from the pool? Does it take a long time to walk to the pool from that wing?

That was your standard room view?!?!? I want that room :wink:

1 Like

From the lobby you do have to go down two floors to the pool, but it takes about 2-3 minutes ( unless you stop to look at something, or just smell the aroma coming from Boma)!

That whole row of rooms have great views ( trees in the way to complete savannah and access wall as well to the sides).

1 Like

Oh that’s not long at all! I’m so excited!!

I just looked at that room on the room finder. That does look like a great view. It seems to be much further away from the lobby, so it would be longer to the pool but all the walking is inside. It also says in the note that it is a queen/bunk bed room? Could that be right?

I saw that after the fact :cry:

Yeah but the filter has it as a queen room so it I confusing!

1 Like