November question

Hopefully booking a November trip soon so my question is this: Is the week before Veterans Day or the week after Veterans day the better time to go? Does it matter?

They added UCF to the Big 12 and we plan to watch our team (Oklahoma State) play at UCF’s stadium on Veterans Day (basically bc we are always looking for an excuse to get to Orlando and this is a PERFECT one). Trying to decide if we should go down early or stay after! Help!

2 Likes

I think one of those weeks is Jersey week, but I’m not entirely sure.

How many days are you planning to stay? I wold try to avoid the weekend of the 18th/19th because that is the Saturday/Sunday before Thanksgiving and could see higher crowds with many schools off that week.

1 Like

We have always gone 11/1- 7 or there abouts. Usually leaving on Election Day before Veterans Day. That week is always Jersey week when we leave. Before that it’s fantastic low crowds and great weather. Make sure to avoid jersey week because we could see the crowds increasing in that Monday before we left. That first weekend is also wine and dine race weekend. Which we planned around and was fine.

The first weekend in Nov is WDW Wine & Dine Half marathon weekend. We’ve been during Jersey Week in the past. No big deal. Food & Wine Festival is always popular with DVC guests wrapping up in November.

2 Likes

You want the week that’s between Veterans Day and the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It will still be busy around Veterans Day and then decrease throughout the week.

1 Like

Jersey week would be the 5th through the 11th this year :wink:

2 Likes

This is good info! So i might be better off planning my park days for the days following the 11th!