November Availability?

Anything know what’s up with little to no availability at WDW resorts in the first half of November? I thought the first two weeks of November would be a great option (between Fall break and Thanksgiving breaks) but I’m seeing close to nothing available those weeks, even when I split my week into two separate stays. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

On the other hand, there’s tons of options in the first half of October, which is surprising given the start of the 50th celebration on 10/1. I thought to avoid the first half of October like the plague, but given the availability of Treasury options, it seems like cruddy might actually be quite low at that time.

Has Disney just not opened up rooms in November yet? Or is that actually a crazy time to visit?

1 Like

I think between Veteran’s day and Jersey week that is actually a pretty popular time to go.

2 Likes

I have a trip booked for the first full week of October (after 50th weekend) and 2 weeks ago, there was zero availability at WDW hotels. But in the last week or so, rooms popped up at SSR, Grand Flo, Boardwalk, OKW, Pop, ASMusic, and AKL. Keep checking! Especially at 30 days out - I have a feeling they release more inventory then, or at least people start cancelling packages or something.

In the meantime, I would book a refundable room somewhere, just in case that’s all you can get. I imagine November will be a pleasant time weather-wise, so even if the crowds are a little higher than usual, you’ll still have fun.

4 Likes

I was seeing if this might be the case. Even if crowds are higher than I expected, it just seems hard to believe that just about everything is booked solid these weeks!

1 Like

The first weekend in November is race weekend (Wine and Dine).

2 Likes

Yeah all I could find was a room at I think Swan or Dolphin for $2K/night that first weekend. And it wasn’t even a suite or anything just a deluxe room with a view. I think it might really be that booked since even one of the two was sold out (as was Swan reserve). There were still rooms available in Disney Springs hotels.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

3 Likes

I was able to pick up a tower room at CSR for 11/6-11/11 a couple of nights ago in case we go then. I didn’t realize about the race that weekend. But there has been next to nothing for that week lately.

1 Like

Yeah I did the same thing…

That explains it! :grimacing: Maybe I should shoot for October after all… But I was really hoping for warm-ish-but-not-hot weather!

1 Like

I know a number of people who recently cancelled October trips. If I know a few in my social circle, then there must be many in total across the world.

3 Likes

Ditto. My BFF just cancelled hers. Doesn’t feel safe.

1 Like