Not so sweet mixed Alcoholic Bevs

Are these mules/mule variants served in copper?

1 Like

I had a gin mule (I can’t remember where) and it was not served in copper.

2 Likes

Boo! I’m a copper purist.

This sounds lovely. I’m a big elderflower fan.
Does anywhere have a lead on where to get an Aperol spritz type of drink? I love those on a hot day.

P.S. This is a great thread, I’ve got it bookmarked!

2 Likes

Bloody Caesar !!!

It’s the Canadian (much better) version of the Bloody Mary. It’s got Clamato juice instead of tomato juice. I think they have them at Le Cellier in Epcot.

THEY DO???!?!?!?!! Those are my favorite drinks in all of the regular world. Like a Bloody Mary, but lighter. Clamato sounds ridiculous, but it is actually amazing.

1 Like

So, I just checked and Le Cellier does have ‘‘Bloody Caesars’’ but they put WHISKY in them instead of vodka !!! Blasphemy !!! :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

1 Like

All I really need is the Clamato. I’m sure I could substitute the vodka if I asked nicely.

Yeah, most likely ! :slight_smile:

Clamato is one of the greatest things in the world. Whenever I wake up hungover, I drink a huge glass of it, first thing out of bed, and it’s almost miraculous.

2 Likes

Has anyone seen this review of Jaleo’s? OMG soooo many drinks look great for the gin n tonic crowd. REVIEW: Jaleo Reigns Supreme as the New Crown Jewel of Spanish Cuisine at Disney Springs - WDW News Today

Never seen so many drinks in one location I wanted to try! (but they are all $$$ dang)

Oh my! I may be changing some plans!

1 Like

Well, everybody’s got to get their placebo effect from somewhere. :wink::rofl:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love a good French 75!

I typically don’t order many of the “specialty” drinks; I prefer the classics. If not drinking beer or wine, it’s probably going to be a margarita (blood orange at La Cava is awesome), a nice whiskey of some variety on the rocks, or if I’m feeling festive, a gin martini (this almost a requirement at Mizner’s). If I’m feeling very plebeian, a Cuba Libre can hit the spot.

1 Like

So I’ll go out on a not-so-long-limb and say Jaleo is now the best place in Disney Springs. And I say that as someone who, just a week ago, wouldn’t have been sad if all I had to choose from for the next five years was Homecoming and Wine Bar George.

The drinks are pretty amazing. So far, I’ve only had three: the El Bandarra vermut, the sangria de lujo tinto, and the salt air margarita. The vermouth was a really good sipping aperitivo. The sangira, well…it banishes forever every horrific memory of Yago or other dreck some of the older of us may have. Gin, citrus, brandy, and a whole bottle of Garancha, mixed at the table over super-chilled ice. The glasses have blackberries and mint in them. Not a bit sweet, refreshing, and deceptively potent. The salt air margarita was unlike anything I’ve ever had. Far from a gimmick, the saline foam makes a salted rim look like a bad joke.

Having sat at the bar and watched the ingredients and craft that went into these drinks, I don’t think they’re pricy. Compared to the Edison, or Enzo’s Hideway, or pretty much anything in the Landing at a similar price, these are head-and-shoulders better.

Sangria, for your consideration:

6 Likes

Thank you for this. Keep tasting for us😉.

You said gin? Swoon…

1 Like

Have you tried the food there yet?