NOT a good sign!

Like a parent to a kid.
Dismissive?

4 Likes

I did this over the weekend for the first time since covid. I felt comfortable but this resturant doesn’t have seating set up in one large room, its smaller rooms with seating against the walls and the occasional table in the middle. I think that made the difference for me.
How did it feel for you?

1 Like

We went to a tepanyaki restaurant and overall I was pleased with the way it was done, but felt a little weird. I left my mask on until our drinks came, but most took theirs off right away. It was a little different for us I think b/c we have had Covid already. We are still cautious though, as there are so many unknowns still about it.

1 Like

I’ve been to one of these several times since COVID. We are usually the only patrons in the entire restaurant because it’s a hole in the wall location and we go at an off time. But one other aspect that makes me feel better is the giant fan above the table sucking up all the air and blowing it out the chimney! I assume that helps eliminate COVID aerosols, if there are any.

2 Likes

As a whole, I’m too cheap to eat out normally. Yet, recently, we’ve eaten out more in 6 weeks than we do in a year or more. In every case I didn’t even notice how close or far other diners were. I DID notice reduced, and sometimes disposable, menus. We’ve done some chains and some independent eateries.

2 Likes

Today’s article on the TP Blog touches on park capacity:

In mid-September we counted people in the parks and extrapolated that attendance for the month to date was around 12-15% of their maximum capacity. Based on our September estimates, Disney has room to increase attendance and still stay within Chapeks’s cap of 25%.

Estimated September Average Daily Attendance Maximum Capacity Percent Capacity
Magic Kingdom 12,000 90,000 13%
EPCOT 18,000 110,000 16%
Hollywood Studios 6,500 60,000 11%
Animal Kingdom 8,000 60,000 13%

This seems to imply that WDW has always had a 25% of maximum park capacity cap, but that they have sometimes implemented a lower cap on the number of reservations distributed, particularly in July:

when Walt Disney World re-opened in July, attendance was closer to 5-15% of its capacity.

If this is true, those days in July / August when they ran out of HS (and occasionally other park) reservations for all ticket types, it must have been a lower threshold than 25%.

3 Likes

Did you mean to post this in the 25% capacity thread, since this one is about Disneyland?

BTW, very good post.

2 Likes

We’ve been discussing here as well in relation to whether Disneyland should be more transparent than WDW has been. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We have also eaten Tepanyaki multiple times throughout Covid (Mother’s Day, my birthday, my sons birthday etc. It is our go to celebration meal), but it has been take out since here in our area the restaurants have been take out only (it is not the same). Now that they are finally available for Dine in, we jumped at the chance. You make an interesting point about the fans. All the more reason to go again sooner!

2 Likes

It’s literally my favorite cuisine!

By the way, it’s been a while since I’ve asked - are you fully recovered or are you still experiencing lingering symptoms? Hope you are well!

1 Like

Thank you for asking! I am doing MUCH better! I still have some lingering symptoms (still can’t smell anything, some breathing difficulties, and reduced energy), but I am finally back at work again. Correction: finally working from home again!

4 Likes

So glad to hear this! Here’s to those lingering symptoms going away. What an awful disease!

3 Likes