North Meets South at DLR for a Leisurely Trip

It was so nice to meet you! I’m glad you had that time with your daughter :heart:

3 Likes

Agree

It’s such a shame the water is so gross.

@stlouie, I love Sally’s Baking Addiction recipes!

3 Likes

It’s always nice to meet Liners in person!

I drool over her recipes! There’s only 2 of us at home and even if I halve the recipe, it is still too much for us to eat while the treats taste good. I used to take them to work but I’ve been remote since the start of the pandemic. DH doesn’t like to take treats to work to share that often. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Have you tried freezing some of your baking? My DH isn’t particular so I freeze in regular freezer ziploc bags. The vacuum sealer @OBNurseNH uses might provide a better product when thawed.

Thank you for taking the time for a trip report! Your narratives have a great voice while the photos give us a ‘we are there’ experience. :blush:

4 Likes

I’m “this close” to getting that vacuum sealer @OBNurseNH recommends but other than Gideons cookies I’m not sure what is appropriate to save with it on a trip.

1 Like

Would you not use it at home? I have used it at home as well, especially if I want to buy a large pack of meat and parse it out

2 Likes

I probably would. I’ve never been much of a cook and since wls surgery I’ve been doing more but I’m also trying to figure out a new way of eating/being. I’m just curious what other things on a trip it could be used for since that was the context it was used. I do love the size and price and would never have found it without your recommendation.

2 Likes

Honestly have not found anything else I have thought of using it for on a trip

It is an adorable little thing though isn’t it?? I love it!

2 Likes

It is. Much better than the huge ones that take up all the space!

1 Like

:smirk:

3 Likes

Another no line photo opportunity!

Hanging out with the crowd waiting to hop.

We were eating our corn dog when the calvacade came down Main Street.

I went to the opposite side of the street to take a picture of Minnie but she switched sides when I switched sides! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

LL for Indiana Jones, BTMR, and Space Mountain. We stood in line for Nemo. It’s such a slow moving line! I took a nap on the ride! Then we headed out to DTD. I really wanted sparkling water and couldn’t find any at DL. I finally found one at Salt and Straw, of all places!

We went into sensory overload and coveting at the World of Disney!:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::money_mouth_face:

We totally wanted Baymax and Eeyore.

But they are mystery boxes. I hate those! Just let me buy what I want. Do people really keep on buying until they get what they want? We were going to detach ourselves when a CM told us to smell the box for clues. Baymax is supposed to smell like a toasted s’more and Eeyore is supposed to smell like wild blueberry. :thinking:

We sniffed away and bought 4 boxes. :face_with_peeking_eye:

25% accuracy is not great! :roll_eyes: The mystery character is Marie! But we don’t need 2 Marie! @QwertySC ’s Marie popped into my head. May I gift her one?

We wallowed in disappointment for a bit. DD suddenly got up saying she was going to buy 2 more! The lure of 30% off for Magic Key holders was strong! We sniffed away again! :face_with_peeking_eye:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: No Baymax! Now we have 2 Eeyores! We put on the breaks to buying more.

We went back into DL and rode ST with LL and stood in line for Pirates. The line was long! It queued outside, around the corner, and up the bridge! DD said it would move fast because they get so many people in a boat. DD is much more patient than me when it comes to waiting in line! We got done and redeemed our HM LL and made another LL for Buzz while we went to dinner.

Dinner and dessert at Cafe Orleans.

DL felt super crowded because Oogie Boogie was going on in CA Adventure.

There was even a long queue for LL at Buzz! :roll_eyes:

We were still hungry and decided some protein would be better than sugar and starch!

They were tasty but rather dry. They were better last time.

I wanted to close out the park but DD had to get up and drive to San Diego for work in the morning. Her SoCal pass is blacked out on most Fridays.

10 Likes

Yes but I don’t want to freeze like 10 cupcakes, 3/4 of a bundt cake, and pies just don’t freeze well. I have done turnovers in the freezer. When the kids were home, I had cookie dough balls in the freezer. They would just bake one whenever they wanted.

3 Likes

September 23

Here’s a role reversal! DD dropped me off at Disney before she continued to San Diego to go to work! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Goals for today:

1. Pictures of the giant pumpkin

2. Enjoy short lines without Genie+

3. Shop

4. Chase down characters

5. Buy 3 fresh raspberry macaroons and 2 cream cheese pretzels

6. Eat a Mickey ice cream bar for the first time

7. Eat a Dole Whip

8. Take pictures of the Halloween decorations inside the park at night

9. Fireworks

10. Fantastic

11 Likes

Chilling out with my boys.

Look what I scored! :upside_down_face:

Lunch at Blue Bayou. I really enjoyed the AC here!

The characters were all riding today. It’s too hot! Feel sorry for the fur characters!

Shopped my way out of DL into CA Adventure, where I met

And I had my first Mickey ice cream bar! :yum:

I walked back to the hotel with my bags of goodies.

Here’s my loot!

This one is mines but I bought 2 more as gifts.

Do I really need another mug? He’s adorable! I try not to think he’s a rat!

Sparkly pendant I will use for a craft project I will wear when I go to WDW in February!

This is adult sized for DH!

I managed to get the whole set! Mickey and the extra Eeyore is with DD. :grimacing:
I got 3 raspberry macaroons and a Matterhorn macaroon. They kinda got messed up in transport to the hotel.

They were sold out of the mystery Lunar New Year pins in February. But I saw more in a number of stores. I got a box for my friend. She got 2 she didn’t get in February!:hugs:

Then, I rested.

9 Likes

I got up at 4 to head back to the park for night time fun. I wanted this Grogu magnet in the hotel’s store. Somehow, I walked into the glass wall at the store with such momentum that my glasses lacerated my eyelid! :grimacing: :roll_eyes: :weary: :scream: :rage:

I was stunned for a moment and a bit dizzy but I managed to find a seat in the lobby. The hotel staff found me and tended to me to stop the bleeding. There was a lot of blood! A shout out to Issa at Suncoast for going beyond her job to take care of me! It took at least 45 minutes to stop the bleeding with ice. Issa bandaged me up and though my glasses were bent out of shape, I felt okay enough to return to the park.

They were setting up for the dessert party.

Then I felt the blood dripping. I managed to get to first aid in CA Adventure. They gave me ice and recommended that I call a doctor to come to my hotel to stitch me up. I was only allowed to stay for 30 minutes.

But then, it was nearly 7:30. I called an Urgent Care to see if I could come in the morning for stitching. They weren’t sure if their doctor would do it.

DS had just arrived in town to spend the night at the hotel. I called and asked him to pick me up and take me to ER. I couldn’t wear my glasses and hold the ice pack at the same time and it was dark. I successfully followed people out of the park but I followed the wrong people out of the resort! They were going to DL! I had to put on my glasses for a few seconds to orient myself and find someone else to follow out to the pick up area on Harbor.

DS tried to take me to a couple of other Urgent Cares but they were closed. He called the doctor that would come to the hotel and he said he might not have the equipment to stitch such a sensitive area.

Off to ER because the ice wasn’t stopping the bleeding! :weary: It was DS’s first time to ER and the first time he had to take care of me and make decisions because I was a bit out of it. I was so proud of how he rose to the occasion and took care of me. ER just used a surgical glue and took me to avoid the sun to prevent excessive scaring. We were out of ER within 3 hours, which I thought was pretty good.

He had bought us 3 Cream Pan pastries, which was my dinner. I was suppose to have pot roast at Plaza Inn.

So, I missed out on night time activities at DL but I got to experience the loving care and concern of my younger child for the first time! And DS really cannot stand the site of blood!

11 Likes

Oh my goodness!!

3 Likes

September 24

DS wanted to drive me home (6+ hours) but I insisted I was well enough to fly. The ER doctor said I could fly. He was so sweet and full of concern! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

He ate the raspberry macaroon. It was his first time having one. He loved it! I ate the Matterhorn macaroon for breakfast. It was also delicious. Given a choice, give me the raspberry macaroon!

Gifts for my 5-year old nephew that DS had fun with.

I landed uneventfully at SFO. DH picked me up and took me to fix my glasses so that I could see. Progressives, you know. I’m thankful that my vision wasn’t affected because of the accident.

This was a DLR trip to remember!

Here are my boys with their new outfits.

11 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yikes on the eyelid lac! I’m so sorry this happened to you.

3 Likes