North Meets South at DLR for a Leisurely Trip

My DS18 is a freshman at San Diego State, we live in Eastern Washington. I flew there last week just to take him out for the evening before driving the 1 hour and 15 minute drive to Anaheim the next day. I love how close he is to DL…my DD20 is also at college, in Vermont! So no way to see her on the way to Disney.

5 Likes

It was lovely to see you again at DL! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

5 Likes

Oh wait until I get to Friday!:grimacing:

2 Likes

I hope it’s nothing too bad!

2 Likes

Your Plaza breakfast looks great. So many characters.
Did you like the pumpkin spice beignets?

2 Likes

Did they not let you stay at LL to watch WOC? That’s what we did and it was so cool.

1 Like

A trip to ER!

:scream::scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

Your Storyteller’s character meal looks fun. You guys inspired me to make a 10:30 reservation for Storyteller’s in November.

They tasted like pumpkin spice. We had to dust the beignets with the pumpkin spice mixture ourselves. We think Sassagoulal’s are much better because they are fried to order. These are prebagged. We’ve had beignets fried fries at Ralph’s

2 Likes

We didn’t know to stay. But we were done with dinner by 8. Staying another hour plus may have outstayed our welcome though! I suppose we could have ordered drinks and more donuts. :yum:

5 Likes

Love this!

Are they gas cans?

5 Likes

Me neither. I wish I could, but I’m sure it would be incoherent and too scattered to read.

2 Likes

September 22

Our hotel gave us a $30 food credit each day. Yesterday, we got 2 cups of tea, a bottle of milk and this giant breakfast burrito! The burrito went into the fridge and DD took it with her when she returned to San Diego on Friday morning to work. Today, we got a sausage and egg breakfast sandwich and the same drinks. This sandwich was more reasonably sized compared the burrito. DD said it tasted like a Jimmy Dean!

We got to CA Adventure around 7:45. We bought Genie+ while waiting. Although there was a mass of humanity waiting, not too many of them headed to Webslinger. There was hardly a queue. It was the shortest line I’ve ever stood in for Webslinger! :heart_eyes: We were in the second group going into the room where Spiderman had to be called to help. We were done by 8:20. Our LL for Guardian wasn’t until 9:30. We headed to Carsland and took a picture of Mater decked out.

Silly photos with plushy!

Then we did single rider for RSR. Standby was 60 minutes but there were only 2 people in the single rider line ahead of us!

We could have ridden it again with minimal wait but we kept on moving.

We took advantage of no lines and got these taken.

DD has never ridden Luigi. Very creative pumpkins!

I did a double take with the grass in these planters. People don’t normally put grass in planters!

The grass is fake.

Cactus pumpkins?

Snack! This was delicious, moist and pumpkin spiced. :yum: DD reminded me that I can make a comparable pumpkin spice cake. Was that a hint to make her one?:thinking:

We went to ride Guardians and made a LL for Soaring. Somehow, we didn’t get the correct ride photo on Guardians. Oh well.

Another no line attracted me.

Off to Soaring. I really miss Soaring over CA.

LL for Goofy right away. I don’t like this ride! How did DD suck me into this one! Little Mermaid was queuing outside and it was supposedly a 15 minute wait. DD says the line moves quickly. I was dubious but LL for TSM wasn’t for another 30 minutes. It was more like a 20 minute wait and it was getting hot.

Found her on the way to TSM.

Love TSM! And apparently, the anteater loved it, too.

I wanted a chili con queso more than I wanted to ride Incredicoaster! DD went off to ride Incredicoaster while I indulged!

Saved DD some. Then I shared a sundae with her. I could have eaten one by myself! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

At this point, we were just killing time, trying to stay cool while waiting to hop! We didn’t want to ride anything else. While hot, neither of wanted to ride Grizzly. The water is gross! :nauseated_face: And so is every water ride in most parks. We went to Mickey’s PhilharMagic for some AC and a seat! It was so hot, we bought this cucumber mint concoction. Mint Julep is better.

Silly fun with our plushies!

We ordered the corn dog from Little Red Wagon so it would be ready when we hopped. DD was drooling for one!

9 Likes

Yes! We thought it was such a creative pumpkin patch!

3 Likes

We had the original and the pumpkin spice beignets. The original was better I thought.

2 Likes

We missed that snack. It looks yummy.

Same

I don’t either.

You are smart. We rode it and got wet with that gross smelly water and had to go back to the hotel to shower and change clothes.

2 Likes

Didn’t have the stomach nor time to have both. We ate less this time. I think it was just so hot, we didn’t feel like eating, if there is such a thing at Disney! We were somewhat disappointed with the Halloween snacks we did eat.

4 Likes

I can understand the heat impacting appetite. We managed to do a lot of snacking despite the heat. Sharing with four people helps.

3 Likes

If you bake, you can make the pumpkin spice cake! DD says this taste just like the version we ate at Disney:

The Best Pumpkin Cake I've Ever Had - Sally's Baking Addiction . Double the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, and it should be delicious!

3 Likes

Thanks!! I like baking much more than cooking.

3 Likes