Non park dining

My best friend and I are taking a girls trip in Aug. She is a huge foodie and wants to try everything. Unfortunately I have many dietary restrictions(no dairy, gluten, food map, lowcarb) and a very small appetite. 6 days we are staying at SSR. Know we want Boathouse, and Edison, what else would you pick? We have a car so even off site is ok. I have an AP but friend does not want to do parks. Thanks

Topolino’s and Narcoosees are my top 2 must dos on my next trip.

1 Like

Ordinarily I’d suggest at least considering:

Jiko
Cali Grill (dinner or brunch)
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Flying Fish

Worth keeping an eye out to see which re-open. Not sure if the Yachtsman is already but once BWI opens I’d think that plus Flying Fish might re-open.,

Takumi Tei also, if you can persuade her to do a day at Epcot. Or the Japanese place at DS maybe (don’t know what that’s like).

1 Like

I would be happy with either of those. Great suggestions

1 Like

Love these suggestions, I know Jiko is great but I always find it hard for me, but all I need is 1 appetizer …so I’ll look again.
Thank you for great suggestions

1 Like

Our slightly gluten/terrible dairy allergies person liked Artist Palette at SSR as well as Kona for lunch at Poly. Shame about the parks as Satu’li in AK and Docking Bay 7 in HS were successes. Yak and Yeti TS not so much - had to leave the park but at least able to tour the next day.

1 Like

Thanks, I did Kona in March for dinner and was very sad, I had potstickers, but to me the pain was not worth it.(I’m on lots of meds that change the way things taste). Will check out AP for SSR. Dr has since given me tablets for gastric pain that help and I got tons of the lactaid tablets so milk or cheese items are back on my yes list

I have dietary restrictions also, currently GF/DF. At one point I was AIP. I found the best luck at Disney owned restaurants for compassion and willingness to accommodate. Servers/chefs at non-disney owned restaurants aren’t always knowledgeable enough for my liking, unfortunately that means I get sick from accidental exposure. Thinking of items that I love that are also fodmap and lowcarb: the allergy calamari at Abacadbar at boardwalk was life changing (not sure how the gf breading would be for you though?), California Grill is great and very consistent, I’ve never had a bad meal at the GF Cafe, Gyser Point is a must do for us, and I love Paddlefish. I’m looking forward to trying Wine Bar George next time - they have a basic Bell & Evans grilled chicken that I know will be safe without modification. Sometimes you just want grilled chicken :upside_down_face: If you were to go off the rails and wanted something sweet, the only place to go is Erin McKenna’s in disney springs. Everything in the shop is vegan and free from the top 8.

1 Like

Cali grill is on my list for tomorrow and I plan on eating and snacking in DS a lot, so thank you. Dr said I can now do dairy if I take the enzyme tablets, so I have stocked up :slight_smile: