Non-Park Activities for the 4th of July

I have read that the fireworks are amazing for the 4th of July at Disney. I know that the Magic Kingdom has the special fireworks on the 3rd & 4th. We are going with extended family (grandparents & uncles); so we didn’t have too much choice in weeks. We were staying at the Polynesian to have the ability to watch fireworks from the hotel’s beach.

We planned on doing a hotel day and enjoy the resort one day during our weeklong stay. We also were planning on going to one of the water parks. Would the water parks be really crowded on the 4th? I couldn’t find any crowd calendars for those. Should we go on the weekend instead? Are there special activities for the 4th of July at the Poly? Do other resorts, Disney Springs, or Boardwalk have special offerings that it might be worth a little trip/visit for the 4th of July celebration?

We stayed at the Poly 4th of July week last year. Our original plan was to stay at the resort on the 4th and they did have lots of activities going on. But it ended up being such a low (relative for that time of year) crowd day at AK that we did that park on the 4th. We did do MK on the 3rd to see the fireworks and they were hands down the best fireworks show we had ever seen. I highly recommend watching them there on the 3rd even if you plan on watching from the Poly beach on the 4th.

While we didn’t go to the water parks on the 4th of July, we did go in July. Here is my blogpost on the experience and tips for July crowds…

1 Like