No TP for Universal VB?

I have 3 park 3 day park to park ticket and was creating my TP but unfortunately I am unable to find a TP for VB. Am I missing it ? DO I not not need a TP for Volcano Bay?

1 Like

There are none. I know there is a page on TP for it, but it was always blank.

The aqua coaster is always top priority with the longest waits. After that, go with your preference.

3 Likes

I’ve been to VB many times and will add that if you qualify for Early Park Entry then you should attend. That 30 - 60 minutes is so vital! You can get all set-up and on the first slide before most people are in the gates.

Make sure you know what Tapu Tapu is and how to use it!

Krakatu Aqua Coaster will have the longest waits. Often there will be a 100 - 200 minute wait by lunch time and the ride will close to new guests by 3pm

IME - The 3 body slides / trap door sides at the top of the volcano get the next longest waits. Then the “OhYah & OhNo” slides

You can’t really make a plan because of how everything works off the Tapu Tapu virtual queue system.

If this is your first time at VB and it is a busy time of year I will STRONLGY advise buying the Express Pass. I don’t typically recommend UXP for the theme parks, but due to the virtual queue system you can be “locked out” from riding slides for a very long time. (Sometimes hours)

If you have any questions, please, ask. VB is amazing, but it can be a bit difficult to navigate the first time. (Especially, if you are not staying on-site and have to park a car!)

Here’s my favorite YT about VB…

1 Like

My tips would be:

Us early park entry if possible.
Arrive 45 minutes before opening. There will be multiple tapstyles for entry, so scope for shortest line. Sometimes the middle is shortest due to the rocks in the middle of the hut area.
Grab a chair with an umbrella and stash your stuff.
Head to aqua coaster. I think the only way you can go is through the volcano.
Ride once or twice. If line looks long for second ride, move on.
I would head to the Honu Ika Moana large raft rides. There are two, and they load slow. They are really fun.
After that is up to you. If you want more raft rides, head to those. If you want to explore the body slides, head to those. Then it will probably be tapu tapu time. Oh ya/ ohno are close to the big wave pool, so keep that in mind. The action river is a great place to enjoy while waiting for tapu.

More info on early park entry: Universal Orlando

1 Like

During EPA you can go to Krakatau either through the Volcano or by going “the long way” around the perimeter. The longer way is the easier way to navigate - especially for a first timer.

The only attractions open during EPA are Krakatau, the straight drop body/trap door slide and OhYah/OhNo

Also, you only have access to the front half of the park during EPA. So you can’t go easily circle the park during EPA. You have to pick a side and stay over there unless you want to criss-cross the wave pool beach over & over.

1 Like

I was just going by the list on the website!:

Universal’s Volcano Bay

(Up to 30 minutes prior to park opening)

November 1 – December 31, 2022
Available Attractions:

• Ohyah of Ohyah & Ohno Drop Slides
  • Ohno of Ohyah & Ohno Drop Slides
  • Honu of the Honu Ika Moana
  • ika Moana of the Honu ika Moana
  • Krakatau Aqua Coaster
  • Ko’okiri Body Plunge
  • Waturi Wave Pool – Waturi Wave Pool will be closed for maintenance November 29 – December 11, 2022
2 Likes

Great more things closed.

I wasn’t trying to be a “know-it-all”. I hope it didn’t come out that way!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I was going by memory with what is available during EPA. I’m all about as many of us jumping in and sharing the knowledge! I’ve had to learn the hard way that Touring Plans and Vloggers are good, but they often omit things.

(Especially Vloggers! They make their $$$ from posting positive stuff. I’ve found a lot of the stuff they love is pretty mediocre. However, they have to promote it to get the free tickets and views)

1 Like

I was there at EPA today! Aside from the wave pool, I didn’t see anything that was closed. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t, because EPA is only half an hour, so I could have missed something.

This article has a list to help you prioritize which attractions you should tap into if you want to ride everything, and I think it’s a good game plan. When you’re waiting for your return time, you can enjoy the rivers and the wave pool (if it’s open again) or ride anything that’s posted RIDE NOW.

The absolute best advice is to tap into Krakatau first thing. The security guy who opened the gates this morning made sure to let us know. :rofl:

3 Likes

I just realized I forgot the link and nobody called me on it! Scroll way down for “How to experience every attraction…”

3 Likes

Thanks!

I was being patient :wink:

1 Like