No real reason for this post except to cry

My whole family is going to Universal this week for our first Universal trip, buuuuut I booked one day at Magic Kingdom for just my husband and me to take my little girl for the first time.

I just wanted to say thank you. Because of this forum, I became a Disney lover. The Disney “expert” in my friend/family group. One of those people that needs to go at least once a year. A lot has happened in my life since I joined touring plans in 2018, but because of this forum and my liner friends, I am a confident Disney obsessed fan.

I am taking my 3 year old daughter to Magic Kingdom in 2 days (on Wednesday) for her first time. She was born with a rare heart defect and had life saving open heart surgery at 3 weeks old in 2018, and combined with the fact that she’s my youngest of 3, we’re a little obsessed with making her happy :hugs:. I’ve never taken her with me to Disney (I prefer to wait until they’re potty trained). She’s asked me every day for the past year when she can “Go see the castle” and I’m finally taking her. It’s a dream come true for me. I’m going to cry. She tried on her princess dress tonight with her minnie ears. She spun and squealed and looked at herself in the mirror. It’s happening! I’m fulfilling her dream and my dream and my husband’s dream of taking my sweet little girl to our favorite place on earth. This all started in 2018 when I joined touring plans.

Thank you, Liners, for opening my eyes to the amazingness that is Disney. You’ve made it accessible and fun when I thought it was just too hard and confusing and expensive. I’ll come back and post a pic of my girl in front of the castle :slight_smile:

80 Likes

Well now there’s pixie dust in my eyes too… wishing your family the BEST time in the BEST place and many happy memories to go along with your happy tears :heart:

9 Likes

I can’t wait for that picture! @WildernessLodger isnt the only one with pixie dust in her eyes!

8 Likes

That pixie dust sure travels fast, it’s made it across the Atlantic too. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Can’t wait for the photo @Laura_hastings .

5 Likes

Wow! What a post to read first thing in the morning! Pixie dust here too and I cannot wait to see the pictures!

5 Likes

Oh that pixie dust! This is what Disney is really all about! Thank you so much for sharing – I can’t wait to see your princess in front of the castle!

5 Likes

Love this post and can’t wait to read all
About it.

5 Likes

Love YALL!! My husband says thank you too. Yall made a believer out of him too.

Be back tomorrow with pics! :heart:

13 Likes

Aww! May you have many memories of her with looks of awe and wonderment from this magical first visit.

1 Like

Fellow heart momma here giving you a wave and a hug! So glad you get to take her!

4 Likes

It is weird that you all stated flying after reading this post (pixie dust and all). Me…I just teared up a bit. Wish I got pixie dust so I could fly!

2 Likes

Have the most magical time!

2 Likes

You’ve been a friend since I joined! Thanks for all your help over the years

1 Like

Love to you and your warrior!

3 Likes

I hope you have an absolute magical time. My 9 yo godson has had 3 open heart surgeries due to a heart defect where he was born with half a heart. Both he and your daughter are such an inspiration!

5 Likes

A holiday to remember! It’s a magical place, but it sounds like you have quite a bit of magic that you are bringing with you!

1 Like

My corner of the world seems to be affected by the pixie dust too. Can’t wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.

3 Likes

I hope you post some pictures of that cutie!

3 Likes

We had a magical time!!! Here’s some pics of my girl…

36 Likes

AAAAWWWWWW!!! Thanks for coming back and posting. I’ve been stalking this thread waiting for pictures! Y’all are absolutely adorable and her joy is heartwarming! That picture with Mickey melts my heart! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

3 Likes