No park ticket

Our first full day in Orlando we don’t have park tickets. We planned on doing the bon voyage character breakfast and then my daughters (9 and 7) are doing the kids Disney race at 1pm as we are going for the food and wine half marathon. What would you plan For that night? I was thinking hoop dee do but then heard my girls may not like it. Any recommendations

Do your girls like singing, silly antics on stage and audience participation? It sounds like a perfect age to me, old enough to follow what’s happening and enjoy it.

1 Like

Maybe hit up Disney Springs for dinner and to enjoy the fun, casual atmosphere? They sometimes have live music playing and each time I go on my non-park days I always get the feeling I am IN a park without the DRAMA of a park! If that makes sense…
They have a great variety of restaurants there so I am sure you can find something for your whole family to enjoy!

I am wondering if they will be really tired from their busy day. What about walking around the Boardwalk area, grabbing a bite to eat and then some ice cream at Ample Hills? I always like to play those types of evenings by ear.

1 Like

Other suggestions:

Movie under the stars at your resort, or another one

Hop over to AKL or Kidani and watch the animals from the outlook areas

Yee Ha Bob plays @POR on certain nights of the week, not sure if it’s all nights, if you’re country music fans

Scat Cats @ POFQ - ditto but jazz

Swimming perhaps?

Have they been before? You could go over to MK by bus and ride the monorail right around and then transfer to the Epcot line.

Head to Disney Springs

1 Like

I second this idea. Disney Springs is usually our Day of Arrival activity of choice.

On our non-park day, I love having a meal over at Sanaa at AKL. Head over, enjoy the resort and check out the animals followed by a delicious meal.

3 Likes

Agreed on Sanaa. There is so much to do at AKL, that a few hours spent over there can be quite fun. I also try to make a trip over to the pool and order up a drink by the pool while I’m there.

1 Like

How about the monorail idea, but stop at Poly and sit on the beach for fireworks from MK (later, obviously)?

Yee Ha Bob is Wed-Sat, IIRC.

1 Like

There are activities at Fort Wilderness that may fit into your schedule.

It will likely be warm that time of year. Pool!

Several hotels also offer campfires.

And the stand by - go to bed early and prepare for the vacation ahead! :slight_smile:

We enjoy riding the monorail and checking out a movie or campfire at one of the resorts and then fireworks from the beach at Poly or I have heard that if you eat at the Contemporary, you can watch from their rooftop patio. Ft Wilderness has Chip and Dale’s campfire sing along.

We also enjoyed riding the boats around the Epcot/HWS/Boardwalk area and seeing the Epcot fireworks from the walking bridge. The Yacht and Beach club area has a cool movie on the beach that is open to anyone.