No Park Pass Reservation?! No Problem! A Universal Trip Report (7/11-7/18)

Totally get this. And I think I’m a bad parent bc I told my very tall, very skinny, DD7, that VC had too high a height requirement. She was really tall enough but I chickened out big time. She’s only 45-50 pounds and I was scared she would fall out. And I was also just scared to death of it to be honest. Im a big ole lying chicken.

7 Likes

I don’t judge you in the slightest for that!!!

I was just saying to my kids earlier that I much prefer riding it solo than with either of them because that way I’m not worried about them falling out :see_no_evil::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I agree. I would be the same way for that one!

I will take your lie and propagate it to my tall DD6, all 45 pounds of her, when we are there.

2 Likes

What is the deal?! I know in my mind they won’t fall out, but it scares me to death!! The fact that you also think this way, makes me feel so much better. I thought I was just weird.

4 Likes

May it serve you well my child! :laughing: That coaster is no joke. I can do coasters in the dark, bc I don’t know what’s going on. But it’s all right out there, in the open. There is no hiding the terror!

4 Likes

I’ve seen even more slender kids than mine on it and of course they won’t fall out, but still that fear remains :woman_shrugging:t4::laughing:

6 Likes

I’m contacting my TA and looking into a trip again soon. I want my husband to go and see it too. It’s so much fun. Great mix of families and adults, with plenty for everyone to do. There were a lot of pool data for us bc the kids didn’t want to leave the resort!

And thank you for your awesome trip report!! I followed along diligently and used it for mine. You are the reason we used mobile order for VooDoo! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Aw cool!
I’m so glad you had a good result too :+1:t2:

2 Likes

i sit on all coasters with one hand on my harness and the other on DS10 harness to hold it closed just in case!

6 Likes

I make my husband do the same!

3 Likes

I’m the same way! I’m more afraid for my kids riding a roller coaster than for myself.

5 Likes

I’m judging the crap out of you people.

Your kids do things which are wildly more dangerous than riding rollercoasters and they do them all the time.

Rollercoasters are checked and maintained every single day. How often do you carry out full checks and tests and maintenance of your cars?

6 Likes

In the UK once a year by a professional and then every time we get in a vehicle before starting it.

but your point still stands no one claimed it was rational.
I’m happy for you to judge us, as long as everything you do in your life is rational and mathmatically logical of course :wink:

5 Likes

This!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Honestly, that last time I rode VC, all I did was reach over and touch DSs arm. As if that would’ve saved him from anything :woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4:
I know (and knew at the time) it was pointless, but again :woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

You don’t know me very well, do you? Let me show you my spreadsheets …

4 Likes

You guys are all making me feel much less neurotic! You are my people!

2 Likes

Right?! I was going to let her ride it herself, thereby saving me from having to ride it, but I just couldn’t bear her being on it without me. Like what the heck am I going to do in an emergency? I’m by far the least useful person I know in that situation!

4 Likes

Yeah - but you are using reason in an entirely unreasonable situation. I’m unreasonable. I know it.
It’s like flying. I know I have a far greater chance of dying in a car crash than in a plane crash - but it’s just the thought of it that makes me anxious.

2 Likes

Omg! Just realized I did this on FJ!

6 Likes