***no longer working for Target** Discounted Disney GC stacking Raise/Target or Raise/Sam's

Update: ALL 5 of my Target purchases this morning are showing in my Swagbucks acct now for the full 2%. Very cool. The add-an-item trick is working great. All I did was make sure I had a new swagbucks trip ID before each purchase at target, no logging out or clearing cookies was necessary, although I suppose it wouldnt hurt. My Raise purchases arent showing up, so I am making note of the trip ID for those purchases to make claims later.
4% Swagbucks at raise and 2% at target, 5% off for the target gift card, 5% from the red card, and another 2% from disney vacation account, and another 1.5% from my credit card, this is getting insane. i think I am getting this up to around 19% off.

1 Like

Target has $100 value Disney GC back online.

Chase freedom has 5% back for wholesale clubs this quarter. For those of you who like to buy your Disne GC at Sam’s, that would be about 10% with no additional stacking.

My Points offers points to members for using it to shop, take surveys, visit websites, search the web, etc. You can get cash to your paypal account or purchase other items with points. I think it’s similar to swagbucks.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing another option. Do you know if they give points on Raise.com purchases? I stopped using ebates because they have a limit of only $1000 in Raise purchases. So far Swagbucks has not limited me.

This was originally posted back in February. Does it still work today the same way?

90% of it still works the same way. Ebates is no longer a good choice but swagbucks works and you will see above a few other commission sharing sites used. I just did the swagbucks, raise, swagbucks, Target stack for $2k last week.

Right now it shows 2 points per dollar. I’m kind of new to it so I’m unsure if the points change often. I’ve also noticed that the store page will show coupon codes at the bottom to use when you are shopping.

I tried a test order with a pack of bandaids as the extra item, and it was recorded as a purchase, but 0 swagbucks. All my clothing purchases have gotten swagbucks though. What is the magic with doing a clothing item as opposed to other types of items?

incidentally, another thing in Swagbucks favor, you can use your Swagbucks to get $25 target gift cards at what amounts to 12% off ($88 in swagbucks for $100 in target gift cards). Of course you can only use swagbucks for those cards though, so the way I think about it is instead of 2% from swagbucks at target.com, I am really getting 2.27% from swagbucks. Not a huge deal but worth noting. Obviously this can be added for the raise.com swagbucks as well.

1 Like

2 points for raise and target are normal. This past week raise bumped up to 4 on swagbucks. I bought right away! I have seen it vary from 1-4 swagbucks per $1 for raise and 1-2 swagbucks per $1 for target.

Careful, because Swagbucks “special terms” for Raise currently read: “Target, Sears, Starbucks, Walmart, Lowe’s in-store, Amazon, Nordstrom, Staples, Best Buy, Bloomingdale, Home Depot, Hyatt, iTunes, Lowe’s, and Macy’s Gift Cards all earn 1 SB per dollar”

Bummer.

Good to know. So far everything I have done at raise has been credited at 2 per $1. My recent 4 per $1 purchase has not posted yet. We will see if it changes.

Hi all, I just got an email offer from Raise.com today for an extra 5% off gift cards for the next 2 days. I haven’t tried using the code myself as I am not doing any stacking just right now but wanted to share the love.

Promo code is: 5BTS

2 Likes

Swagbucks and Ebates have both put in place a lifetime limit of $1000 as well as excluding a number of stores including target and wal-mart. TopCash seems to have the same disclaimer and exclusions.

To clarify, are you talking about the step where you buy target gift cards on Raise (through swagbucks.com)? It looks like swagbucks is offering 1% if you buy target gift cards on Raise.com, and 2% if you shop target.com directly.

Correct. There is now a life time max of $1000 for any purchase on Raise to receive the swagbucks or ebates. When paying for a whole Disney vacation (or in my case multiple vacations) that limit was surpassed a long time ago. They had not been enforcing the limit but now they are. You can still get ebates or swagbucks up to the $1000 on your raise purchase. Someone mentioned opening another account/new email to get around that. I will consider but not sure I want to deal with that craziness. Z

1 Like

Issues are being reported for the target stacking.

1 Like

Thanks for the update about the trouble with using target gift cards to buy Disney cards. Thankfully I bought my last $250 worth of Disney cards late last week and they are now in the mail. I was considering buying an extra $100 worth, but will instead just count myself lucky I’m not stuck with more target gift cards than I would use.

1 Like

Getting cancelled orders tonight with $500 worth of electronic Target giftcards:(. Do they take electronic cards in the store?

Yes. @dbarxdoc they do. You need to install the target APP on your phone and load your E-gift cards into the APP. The E-gift cards can then be scanned at the register. I actually went through the self check out and scanned 4 Target GC to pay for $650 in Disney GC yesterday when this whole mess started. Although you won’t get the great savings, you will not lose your money. The word on the street is that Target will continue to allow in store purchase of Disney GC with Target GC just not online. Even so I would recommend cashing out ASAP just incase they change their minds on that one too.