***no longer working for Target** Discounted Disney GC stacking Raise/Target or Raise/Sam's

Follow stackers: It appears Target has increased their limit on Disney GC in one order. I was able to put 10 $100 in my cart before it gave me the over limit warning! Please let me know if you also have this experience. Maybe a change for the better!

@DizneyDazeDays Any updates on the Swagbucks credit when you place a small non GC item into the cart with your GCs. I know you had reported that work around was not working on Ebates any more

@AuntB_luvsDisney, they are making me wait 30 days before I can even follow up on it! :frowning: very frustrated with their Shopping program right now

BUT, I have started using TopCashBack for the Raise purchase. They only offer 1% but it’s cash back instead of the Swagbucks at 2%. Tired of having to follow up every single time with SB so I’m going to see if TopCashBack works better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed the Target Red Card has the following stipulation “If you use a REDcard in the same purchase transaction with another form of payment, the 5% discount will apply only to the purchase amount tendered to your REDcard” So it appears that purchasing discounted Target cards no longer seems to work?

@paradisefound that is not a new disclaimer. It is correct if you do your purchases in the store the discount will not be stackable. However, that has not been, and continues not to be, the case when purchasing ONLINE. I just bought Disney GCs last week using the stacking method above at Target online. Now someone recently noticed they were not able to do this stack on the Southwest Airlines GC. I have not recently tried SW so I can’t confirm or not if that one is still working. As of last week, the Disney GC purchases were still working (first hand experience). If you have never tried it, start small with just one $50 or $100 purchase to test things out so you feel confident in the process. Let me know if I can help you get started!

Great info here. Instead of going straight to Raise or (fill in the blank), go first to Gift Card Granny or Gift Card Wiki. Those sites show you all the gift card sites, and often the ones other than Raise have better % off. I have used ABC Gift Cards and Card Cash a lot. Also, for some of the gift card sites sites that dont offer cash back through Swagbucks or whatever, Gift card granny itself will offer 1% toward a certain gift card site. And this Gift Card Granny thing has worked 100% of the time for me. I have gotten $10 in gift card rewards with it so far.
I have had poor luck with Swagbucks though. One of my target purchases they tracked the purchase and the points. The other 4 or 5 purchases they tracked the visit but not the purchase. And one of them they tracked the purchase, but showed the points I would get as zero. Frustrating.
And with Raise.com, they have tracked NONE of my purchases. They are dirty liars as far as I am concerned.
I was able to purchase 8 cards at once at Target.com, I think there was a question about that here.
Does anyone have ifo on the most consistent way to get $ back for these purchases? Is the Ebates thing still working on Target.com when you add a small item to your cart?

I have always had to request credit manually for my raise purchases on swagbucks. I don’t know why the automatic posting does not work. That being said swagbucks has never denied any of my raise purchases. The loophole on ebates for adding a small clothing item has been closed. I switched over to swagbucks to see if they too have closed the small item loophole. I am waiting to see on my first purchase. @DizneyDazeDays has changed over to top cash. I am not sure how that is working for her. I stick with raise as I prefer to limit the amount of websites that have my credit card information and I am happy with their customer service and guarantee. But as you can tell by everyone’s comments there are many different ways to make it work. So just do what works best for you.

Yes, it is strange that swagbucks doesnt record the purchase at Raise, when they do it faithfully for other sites. If i may ask, do you wait the 32 days to make your request? And can you request for multiple transactions at once?

I have managed to get my total discounts up to 15% now (Paying $850 for $1000 of Disney money) if I can get swagbucks to work faithfully with raise. And that is for 5% Target cards. If I can manage to score some Target cards at a higher %, I am saving even more. Loving this.

Yes I wait the 32 days or they give you a bit of a nasty message. I usually do 2-4 requests at a time being careful to note which shopping trip for each request so I can follow up as needed. During the Christmas shopping season target has run a special for $270 for a $300 gift card (10%). I bought a bunch last year via different stores and trips over $1500 worth. It’s a great deal but you will need to be a little sneaky as it is supposed to be one per person.

@DizneyDazeDays I used the small item in the cart trick and accessed target via swagbucks. I received credit for the entire purchase (gift cards included). Loophole currently working with swagbucks

ALERT! Raise has a code for an extra 3% off Target cards right now. And I counted at least $45,000 worth of target cards available on the site. AND, they are currently all just over 5% anyway, so this is an easy way to get a huge chunk of cards for 9% off. Unfortunately I could only get $1,000 right now, but I hope I can help some of you to save. REMEMBER to activate swagbucks before the purchase for another 4% from Raise. and make a note for future reference. Good luck!

1 Like

Do you have the promo code?

Sorry, EXTRA3. oops.

1 Like

I was just looking online as you posted this and see at groupon, there’s a similar promo code touting “raise-Up to 9% off Target gift Cards” using EXTRA3AF too.

https://www.groupon.com/coupons/stores/raise.com

Wishing I didn’t shell out $1900 for car repairs and $6500 for son’s braces yesterday. :expressionless:

Careful target online is out of $100 value GC.

legend

Caution reports of GC orders being canceled due to purchase made with target GC. I am testing right now.

Made five purchases from target this morning, each time I went into swagbucks and clicked the link to target to make sure it was activated. Each order was for 4 $50 disney gift cards (the limit apparently, and they were out of 100 ones) and a clothing item like a pack of tshirts. The 4th order out of the 5 tracked on swagbucks for the full amount, while the other 4 orders had a unique Trip ID but did not record a purchase (at least not yet). It is really frustrating to have made 5 orders and only one went through. And I wish I knew why.
Perhaps I will try a strategy of one order per day? Perhaps many orders in a short time confuses things for the system that is recording the purchases?
that is what I will try next. Also, I was glad to see 4% from swagbucks for Raise. That seems new, and well worth the time it takes to follow up with swagbucks to get the payout.

1 Like

Thank you for your report. It sounds like it is working. Tip on swagbucks. Do one order. Then log out of all accounts and browsers, clear history, go back and re-login again, then place next order. Do this in between every order. They should then post automatically. They told me they only post one transaction per open encounter.

@escapeartist try again. It seems it was working for @Dub_Lord and mine has not been cancelled yet. I really think it is because of the Landrys card