No Kids Just Grownups: OBNurseNH and DH Celebrate Valentines Day In the World

Good morning! My countdown app tells me our countdown is ZERO and it’s time to go!

DH and I are heading down for a much needed 3day/3night getaway. We are staying in a preferred studio room at Saratoga Springs on our DVC points. This trip will be heavily peppered with time in DS along with one day at AK and MK DAH on Valentines Day :revolving_hearts: We have reservations at Raglan Road, Cali Grill (at fireworks time!), and Homecoming. We plan to have a light lunch at Nomad Lounge tomorrow and a substantial mid afternoon meal at Polite Pig on Thursday ahead of the DAH.

There will be no rope dropping on this trip!! This is a sleeping in, staying up wicked late kind of grownups trip!! We have only our 3 FPP in AK tomorrow and the rest of the time we are pretty much winging it. IKR?! Crazy talk!

But mainly we are looking forward to having time together, just us, reconnecting in our happy place. We don’t mind if you follow along. :wink:

Our flight was originally scheduled to depart MHT tonight at 1745. But there’s a bit of a winter storm about to hit and so we were able to rebook our flight to this morning at no charge. It does require a stop in Baltimore rather than nonstop but getting out of town is more important, even to DH who is a nervous flier. We are now scheduled for takeoff at 1010, so after dropping the kids off at school, we headed right here to the MHT. TSA was an absolute walk-on and we have been at our gate for nearly 30 minutes already. I of course grabbed a Starbucks and it seems even they know where I’m off to today!

56 Likes

Have lots of fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So excited for you! I’m looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

Have the best time!!!

3 Likes

Safe travels! Have a great time!

2 Likes

Enjoy! Valentines Day, Adult trip, WDW—that’s an impressive combo.

5 Likes

Have fun! cant wait to follow along!

2 Likes

Glad you were able to get out of town! I’m sure you were thrilled that the first snow in 2019 showed up on your departure day.

1 Like

Hope you have an awesome trip!!
I’m rather jealous–I don’t think I could convince my husband to take a just us trip again.

1 Like

Have an amazing trip!

2 Likes

Hope you have a wonderful time!

2 Likes

Glad you could grab an earlier flight! My inlaws did the same out of Portland. We don’t leave until next Tuesday and i’m hoping the flight attendants don’t strike if there is another shut down :confused: Otherwise, the griswolds are driving from Maine! Have fun!!!

4 Likes

Eeee yay! :hugs::hugs: I can’t wait to follow along and I hope you and DH have a wonderful time! You certainly chose a good time to miss out on some lovely weather up here in the northeast…

1 Like

This sounds fabulous! Have an absolutely wonderful time!

1 Like

Grown up trip! So jealous, have fun!

1 Like

Just landed in Baltimore. Time to have lunch!

14 Likes

Enjoy lunch, hope you and DH have a lovely time

3 Likes

Um. I think you took a wrong turn. Disney is no where NEAR Baltimore!

But have fun when you get there!

5 Likes

Safe travels and have a great trip! Your plan sounds very relaxing and fun. Looking forward to following along!

1 Like

Necessary itinerary change to get out ahead of the storm.

Just enough time for lunch.

7 Likes