No interest in planning - it's becoming a problem? New content Post 28

Get. Out. Thank you!

1 Like

Bo still my heartā€¦ I am loving these spreadsheets beyond words!! :heart_eyes: I have my park days/ADR plan in Excel for ADR day tomorrow, but eventually I think Iā€™m going to do my whole trip up like this with FPP, transit, etc. :smile:

2 Likes

That is a great sheet.

2 Likes

But it doesnā€™t leave room for me to bring in the touring plan. I wonder if I can add a row?

1 Like

I have found with this particular spreadsheet that itā€™s difficult to add/remove rows (but easy to hide them if you donā€™t want to see some of them). I tend to print off the TP (also always use the personalized ones) and the spreadsheet to bring with us, but mostly use the lines app to follow/adjust the TP as we go.

1 Like

I use morning EMH to pick my park days.

Used to be, we went to the morning EMH park.

Then, a few trips ago, we started avoiding the morning EMH park.

Somehow we were at say, MK on an AK morning EMH and MK seemed empty. We were amazed.

We usually visit WDW in January or February but used this avoid morning EMH during a Thanksgiving week trip a couple years ago.

As other posters have said, park days might change, but you gotta start somewhere.

Exception: for our upcoming trip I did use crowd levels to pick a morning for HS. I did originally use historic EMH mornings to pick park days, and then Disney made 3 out of 4 parks morning EMH.

No matter. Weā€™ll have a good time, regardless.

2 Likes

I plan completely differently. I look at our list of things we what to do most and arrange them in a manner which will work without going all over the place to do them. I may use CL days to avoid busier parks, but that is not a priority for me. In our case, we chose the most important things for important days. For example, DDā€™s birthday was 12/26, so she picked the restaurant(s) she wanted to dine at. Since she wanted to have lunch at Crystal Palace, we had to be at MK that day. Once one day was chosen, we just went down the list of places that were must-dos and arranged them by days. We ended up going to AK twice, HS once (DDā€™s ToT), MK once, DS twice, and Epcot every-single-day-we-were-in-a-park. Itā€™s also nice to put in a resort day halfway. I do have to say that our list of must-dos was mostly TS restaurants, but we go for the food more than the rides.

2 Likes

I have my own way of scheduling which park I go to what day. I must visit all 4 parks before I return to another, and we rarely hop. So that means full days 1-4 are all 4 parks in some random order. Then we repeat, maybe hop. Also we avoid early EMH for the most part, as it is just too hard to get up when we are on West coast time. I often avoid late EMH as it is more crowded than the non EMH parks in my experience. For our New Years trip this year I picked this way:
Arrival evening, MK because it is open the latest right now (we land at 4pm) and we want to see the Holiday fireworks. Easiest park to get to since we are staying at the Contemporary the first night.
First full day is Epcot, because this is a Holiday trip and we are excited for the narrators and Candlelight.
Second day HS. My kids havenā€™t seen Galaxyā€™s Edge yet and will be excited for a new ride.
Next is AK, this park is easy for us to do a later start, and by Sunday we will need a later start. We get tired. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Late afternoon/evening will head back to Epcot for more narrators/food booths and a backup reservation to see Candlelight if we have travel difficulties (we are flying the day after Christmas) and somehow miss our 8am GG with CP package our first full day.
Then it is MK, which had to be 12/30 because I want to see the special fireworks, but not actually be there in the madness that is NYE.
Next day is a return to HS in the morning assuming we donā€™t stay too late at MK Monday. Switching resorts this day to the Swan so we can walk back after NYE in Epcot. Epcot for NYE.
Another late start on 1/1, so AK works well for this. Possible hop to MK for the evening.
I am sorry you are not excited about the planning. Hopefully picking some parks, planning FPP, and making touring plans will help get you excited.

1 Like

can someone tell me if they see that please?

I can see it!

1 Like

Iā€™ve learned so much today
Thank you.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had trips where our two MK days are the last two days of the trip back to back based on when I could get ADRs, etc. Itā€™s pretty weird to be ā€œat Disneyā€ for more than a week before you even go to MK.

1 Like

How do you manage some Epcot each day?
I do agree on a break day midway.

The day after we go to MVMCP I know we will need a late start. To me that seems like the best day to drive to Tampa to see our friends who moved there last year. They have a pool and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll order pizza in for us all, etc.

My nine-year-old routinely asks if we can ever return to Holyland experience. She was 11 months old the last time we went LOL. (She sees photos.) It is closed on Sundays and Mondays and itā€™s looking like Saturday is the best bet for us. Itā€™s only open 9 AM to 5 PM. So thatā€™s another low-key day. I also donā€™t need to be there an hour before it opens!

As traditionally offsite guests, I had always use the strategy. Now that we have on site perks, Iā€™m tempted to continue using strategy. I also have no confidence in hours staying what theyā€™ve stated.

When EMH first started it was fun. It was like being in the park when you werenā€™t supposed to, almost. There were so few people it was like getting away with something.

Then more and more folks began getting the same idea and the feeling of having the park to yourself was gone. We donā€™t think it feels any different now.

Except when we entered HS at 6:15 am (or whatever) 4th of July week last year. Everybody headed to Slinky and Aliens and we went to Tower of Terror. As fun as that was, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m not on board with it this year with the SWL stuff.

Per a previous posterā€™s Epcot every day, we did that for years, back when MK & HS were closing at 6 pm regularly, and the whole of Epcot was open 9 am to 9 pm. We would open a non Epcot Park, take a midday break, and head to Epcot about 4 or 5 pm. Weā€™d do a Future World pavilion or two and then maybe three countries, eating table service at one of them. Rinse, repeat. Epcot was never boring.

It might be fun to try EMH one morning if Disney is still doing 7 - 8 am every day. Maybe AK as that park gets so warm. Head straight for the Safari ride, maybe see more animals that early.

We donā€™t always go to a particular park first day. We know weā€™re at WDW when we get on Disney transportation and hear the spiel and the music. Instant attitude adjustment.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping they have those very early EEMH for DHS when we are there.

1 Like

We were crazy to do this. We began to think of the long trek from handicapped parking to World Showcase was like Frodoā€™s and Samā€™s trek in Mordor towards Mount Doom.

Day 1: No parks - checked into Pop Century, take a nap, and late evening ADR at Raglan Road (our favorite)
Day 2: Epcot all day with an afternoon break (DH & I took a nap while DD went swimming). Mostly in World Showcase. ADRs: DD & I went to Biergarten for lunch while DH went to Akershus (breakfast). All three of us went to Le Cellier at 9:25 pm.
Day 3: Moved from Pop to AKL. All day at Epcot mostly at Future World. ADR at Coral Reef (liner meet with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building). DVC tour at Copper Creek. Back to Epcot to eat at Akershus together.
Day 4: RD AK. RoL package at Tiffins. Afternoon break at AKL (DH & I slept while DD went swimming). Late dinner at Les Chefs de France (9:50 pm).
Day 5: Christmas Day (no parks). Slept in. Lunch at Sanaa. Late dinner at Flying Fish (9:00pm)
Day 6: MK Day - DD17ā€™s birthday. I ate at The Wave so that we could park at Contemporary. DD & DH RDed MK. Lunch ADR at Crystal Palace. Let for midday break. DD was going to stay at MK but decided to go back to the resort to swim. DH didnā€™t feel too well, so we left him at the resort while DD and I took a bus to Epcot (again) to eat at Monsieur Paul for her birthday. Then we took the monorail back to MK which stayed open pretty late (midnight, I think).
Day 7: HS Day. Did not rope drop. DH and I just looked around and saw the Frozen show. We left midmorning to eat at Trattoria al Forno for breakfast. DD took a boat back to HS and DH and I went back to the resort. I made major changes to our schedule so that DH could eat at Monsieur Paul, moving Teppan Edo to the next day. Went back to HS to pick up DD, then DH and Aneira drove to Epcot while I took the boat to World Showcase.
Day 8: Last Day. - Disaster Day. Went to AK for the morning, went to DS, went to Epcot to eat at Teppan Edo - got there very late. I had an accident walking to Teppan Edo. We missed our Jiko ADR at night. By this time, I was sooooo sick of Epcot and IllumiNations that I could probably forego seeing the place for a couple of years.

2 Likes

:fearful:

I should say that I was using a walker, and Gregg was in a wheelchair. Epcot is huge. And we always seemed to be going up the very steep, long hill from UK to France. Epcot is actually our favorite place.

1 Like