No hopping to MK

Seeing reports on TA pages and from folks in the park right now saying hopping is not allowed to MK. Some reports of push notifications, only those with dining reservations allowed in, etc

5 Likes

4 Likes

Must be a CL 10 or something there today! Spring breakers, I guess?

3 Likes

Has this ever happened before?

2 Likes

It used to happen in the before times, when it was super crowded and MK would hit certain capacity limits.

In fact, I was in MK on the day after New Years day one year, and while we were inside MK, they closed the gates to MK to anyone else coming in because it was so packed. (And it was. Crazy busy!)

4 Likes

I only have anecdotal evidence, but with park reservations no longer required (for most) it sure seems like MK gets very crowded the day after a rainy day or two.

6 Likes

The most recent I know of for sure was the 50th. We hopped right at 2:00 (this was during the no hopping until 2:00 era) and it hit capacity for a while shortly after that.

5 Likes

It only happened once, IIRC, on the 50th

It has happened that parks have phased capacity closure from time to time, though most typically at Easter IIRC - or like NYE :wink:

2 Likes

A lady on a FB group I follow said MK is at capacity. She has a BBB reservation so I told her to ask in chat.
Do they ever reopen for entrance same day when this happens?
Also have a customer at AK today and HS torrorrow.

2 Likes

Yes, to add to this I’ve seen reports online that this capacity limit is only for hoppers. People that have tapped into another park already.

If MK is your first park or you have an APR you can still enter.

4 Likes

Yes, as people leave it could reopen to hoppers. It did on the 50th.

4 Likes

I saw posts that those with reservations were able to enter but I would take that with a grain of salt because it states on their website that it isn’t a guarantee

3 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

It depends on what phase closure they’re at

There is one where only those with ressies will be able to enter

But there’s one where nobody regardless of ressies or not could enter

3 Likes

I saw mention by someone that it looks more like an IT glitch, because they couldn’t find any MK APR through June.

3 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s crazy. Are many schools still on spring break? It seems surprising that of all days, today would be the day it hits capacity!

4 Likes