Hi! We are new DVC members and tried booking at a non-home resort this morning right at a 7 months for the first time. We had a reservation at Grand Flo (our home resort) that I was attempting to modify to Contemporary. When I logged in at 7:30 a.m., our desired dates and room type were fully available at the Contemporary, but I received a notification that I couldn’t book until 8 a.m. At about 7:50 a.m., I logged back in and today’s date was already sold out, so even though the rest of the dates were open, the only thing I could do was waitlist (which I did). We are flexible within a few days, so I plan to try again tomorrow, which shows available currently. Any tips for this newbie? Does the window actually open before 8 and that’s why today’s date disappeared before I could snag it? Other ideas or suggestions for actually getting a reservation at the 7 month mark?
The only way the dates should disappear is that someone modified a reservation before 8am. I know many people say that owners don’t “walk” a reservation (drop the first day and add another day at the end) at 7 months but I think sometimes they do. If people are “walking” those dates might start reappearing in 3-7 days.
If the dates are available you should go to plan a vacation. Set up your search and be ready to hit it when time.gov hits 8am
Thanks! It sounds like I did everything correctly then and just got unlucky. I’ll give it another go tomorrow!
This is one of the most frustrating things with DVC but unfortunately there is no way around it. You just have to keep checking.
Well I got our reservation at Contemporary this morning! Yeah!
Congratulations! I think this one of the more frustrating parts of DVC. But availability the first week after 7 months is usually all over the place, so patience pays off!
Did you get it one day later or the dates you wanted yesterday?
Yes, we paid close attention to the advice to buy at a resort you want to stay at so that’s why our home resort is Grand Floridian! I was modifying a reservation there for the same weekend – and we would have been just fine there – but we thought it would be fun to try a new resort if we could. Trying to change it at 7 months seemed like a good idea to do for this trip when the stakes were low and our dates were a little flexible. Anyway, yesterday I tried for Jan 23-28. The 23rd never became available, but today I was able to get 24-29. Success!