New York State Spring Break

I just read this morning that New York’s Spring Break is the last week in April when we are going to WDW. Does anyone know if TP took this into consideration? Our crowd levels look pretty great MK 5/10, HS 2/10, MK 7/10 but now I’m thinking it might be much busier.

Our spring breaks are in mid-March, which are usually the high season. I wonder if many other states will have earlier spring breaks and therefore, you may be okay.

http://schools.nyc.gov/Calendar/2015-16+Calendars

New York City. Not the entire state. There’s lot of us north of the five boroughs, and our schedules don’t necessarily line up with theirs. I will get off of my Upstate soapbox now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh good to know! Obviously I don’t know much about New York :wink: but I did think it was pretty impressive that all schools in the state would have the same breaks. lol

Lots of folks don’t realize how massive the state is! The five boroughs are the most populated, and they’re what everyone thinks of as “New York”. But there’s so much more to the state! 57 more counties, in fact.

Anyway, looking into it a little further, it seems Passover falls at the end of April. NYC’s spring break appears to line up with Passover instead of Easter, as might be more common in other places.

1 Like

I’m in central NY and my kiddos are off the last week in April.

2 Likes

Anyway, moving away from the NYC <> NY discussion to answer your question, yes, the TP folks take into account break schedules from major school districts. There was a TP blog post about this, with pretty graphs and everything.

2 Likes

Interesting! March is pretty early for a spring break, though, so I can see why.

Where in CNY? I’m in Binghamton :slight_smile:

Hah, thank you. I managed to forget to actually answer the question!

We’re between Binghamton and Albany actually. Right in the middle of the state :wink:

1 Like

Real true actual Central NY! Nice.

OK, I’m going to get on my Upstate Soapbox. Binghamton is not Upstate - north of Albany is Upstate. :wink:

1 Like

LOL. Southern Tier = :hearts:, “Upstate” or not. I grew up in NYC, where anything north of the Bronx is technically upstate :wink:

1 Like

New Hampshire will be off that week too! MA, RI and Maine will be the 3rd week!

Binghamton wow! My wife and family are all from Owego

1 Like