New Virtual Event - 12Ks of Christmas

I’m intrigued…I do love Christmas themed things! Not much information yet - but it is three 4K running events and a challenge.

Registration opens July 25th

6 Likes

This is interesting. I’m more of a walker than a runner, but I can pretty comfortably do 4K 3 times.

6 Likes

I’ve never done one of the virtual races - but I assume that the balloon ladies do not come to your house and follow you as you go, so you can go at any pace!

8 Likes

Phew. My DSs may get some balloons and follow me around to harrass me though.

6 Likes

I meant to come back and comment on this

Actually I was going to come over here and post about it - did you guys see this new event?! :woman_facepalming:t3:

Depending on the price I might do it - I’m thinking some nice Christmas tree ornaments (of course the bling won’t ship til later I’m sure so more like a Valentine’s tree ornament maybe :laughing: )

7 Likes

This would be hilarious…and probably get many strange looks from others on the “course”.

5 Likes

Sounds like a great plan for a Liner meet up. :balloon:

2 Likes

I would definitely like Christmas Tree Ornaments!

3 Likes

Information is out - including pricing: Run Disney

Seems high even for runDisney, but it includes some swag, not just medals. I’m currently on the fence

2 Likes

Yeah $250 for me to run in my own neighborhood, with no course support, characters, or entertainment?

I’ll be passing on this.

Which is too bad - if it were half that - or even slightly more - I’d have considered it.

5 Likes

That is too much…bummer!

2 Likes

It really is. I got excited for a second…virtual…Disney…run. But $250!!! Gah.

1 Like

Was going to do this with DW but not for that price.

2 Likes

$250 for virtual!

That’s a lot for a virtual race!!! I don’t ever sign up for virtual races unless the money is going to a really good cause.

1 Like

Yep!

$250 for a virtual race is something only Disney could imagine.

But I still want to see pictures of all of the medals, corksicle, hoodie etc. :face_with_peeking_eye: :rofl:

1 Like

Holy moly. I was considering it, but that’s some expensive hot chocolate!

3 Likes

I am still comfortable with my decision to not register. These are cute, but not ‘must haves’

I don’t even know that I think they are cute

Very garish color tones for the most part.

2 Likes