New Unofficial Guide 2021 is Here

:partying_face:It’s here!

Who’s getting it?
I have 2020, so I’m not sure.

4 Likes

It’s not the cover photo we voted on :sob::sob:

Probably, yes, I’ll probably get it, because I haven’t been to WDW in so long, and I need all the help I can get.

Bunny trail: I was on a Facebook group devoted to Disney, and when I finally booked a trip to WDW for the first time in 14 years, I asked if I should get the Unofficial Guide to help me prepare [like a rank newbie], and I was told by a whole bunch of people, "Nah, just watch [popular videos by “influencer”] “The ‘Scrim Scracker’ on Youtube.”

So I bought two copies of the 2020 guide, quit that Facebook group, and told YouTube not to suggest videos by that channel to me any more, because they really weren’t helpful.

Basically, I’m a true believer, and I’m not even really sure what I believe in, because everything has changed so much. But I just know in my bones that the Liners won’t steer me wrong.

There’s too much sarcasm and one-upmanship for it all to be for nothing.

8 Likes

Undecided.

Mine came today and I’ve already perused it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s really colorful and pretty though

1 Like

Len mentioned later in the thread that they ended up having to go with a specific photo due to advanced marketing.

1 Like

Did you read that one review. The fast pass info was included but noted as not in place at this time?

1 Like

Already ordered… but I think they said release date was April 16.

ETA: Ordered mine from another store, a huge Canadian book chain.

Has Len mentioned if they anticipate a return to Autumn releases for the 2022 Guide?
Or do they think 2022 will come out in Spring 2022?

2 Likes

Preordered, and it was delivered to my iPad yesterday morning! :open_book: :fireworks: :european_castle: :mouse:

2 Likes

It is the 2022 I am interested in. I’d preordered the 2021 guide to have for my Disney Jan 2021 trip. I canceled that late fall when that trip was postponed a year. Hopefully the 2022 book will be quite a bit different from the 2021 book because things will be back to normal.

I think I memorized the 2020 Universal book I bought and I read the 2020 book from the library. I think I have 2019 Disney on Kindle.

Mine got here yesterday! All the research I do online there’s still something that makes me so happy and excited about sitting down with the books.

2 Likes

I was just laughing at that review - essentially “THERE ARE NO FASTPASSES HOW COULD THE BOOK REFER TO THEM AS IF THEY STILL EXIST. MY TRUTH-BASED WORLDVIEW IS SHATTERED”

What a dork. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ha, just realized I made the thanks section… :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Yes! You deserve thanks from all of us! Thanks!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! And Thank You!

1 Like

It magically appeared in my Kindle and as I was skipping around looking at various parts, this quote really jumped out at me: "People really, really want to be in the parks, and nobody’s going to pay $120 to get thrown out for not wearing a 50 mask." which has me cackling since my newsfeed this week is 100% this story:
‘I spent $15,000’: Man arrested at Disney resort in Florida

8 Likes

Leaving for Disney tomorrow and already have 2020, should I get 2021?

1 Like

Arrived on my doorstep this afternoon.
Forgot how hefty it is compared to the Universal 2021 I’ve been reading.

Hopefully soon it will be memorable as “the edition that had to deal with that pandemic”.
(And then my youngest can shrug and re-shelve it because what happened when she was 6 is ancient history.)

Probably too late to make good use of 2021, but if you had more time I would definitely recommend the updates. However, you can see a brief summary of what was changed here:

https://touringplans.com/unofficial-guide/walt-disney-world-updates