New process for attraction assistance pass

Hi all! So my teen and I are heading to UOR the last week of May. We have used the attraction assistance pass on previous trips but not since the new requirement of obtaining the IAC first. Has anyone had experience with this process since the switch? The UOR website says to register within 30 days of the trip. Since we are 42 days out does that mean it is too early? I read on the IaC website that it is good for one year. ???

@FindMeAFishingSpot has done it! She can explain it. Plus, I would like to know as well for my own education

2 Likes

I completed the portion where I uploaded the letter from my doctor in advance of the 30 days. That part was seamless, I uploaded the documentation and a few days later, I had the approval from the vendor.

At that point, Universal will contact you to discuss your needs. That happens within the 30 day window. They ask the typical ‘what prevents you from standing in line’ question. Once they approve it, you will have a reference number in the app.

When you arrive at the park, just show that number to guest services. They will provide you with the Guest Assistance Pass. You can do this inside or outside the park (I find the one inside less busy!). This pass is only good for the length of your trip, but the accommodation is good for a full year. Each trip, just go to guest services with the reference number and you are good to go! It was very easy for us!

3 Likes

Just a small note- incase anyone else is visiting both coasts.

Had trips last year to both Universal Orlando and Hollywood - just like disney both coasts require separate phone interviews. So 1 application to IBCCS and 2 phone calls from TMs.

Interestingly enough both calls are handled from Orlando

4 Likes

I just completed the IBCCES application online, and we immediately received the temporary IAC. So now I guess we wait for communication from Universal. In the past we’ve used the Assistance pass only when absolutely necessary and if we didn’t have express passes.

3 Likes

I’m finding it reassuring that the process seems straightforward and simple! That’s all I want for people.

1 Like

The new system worked out really well for me-

After speaking with a TM last year for the phone call found out that there were better accommodations for my needs than I had received previously when we just went to guest services.

They really can tailor the accommodations. The express pass is built into my AP for afternoon/evenings so it was less for me about lines but more about certain attraction seating and being near an exit.

Now I am just trying to figure out how the renewal process is gonna work- I am set to travel to Orlando in July on the same day my IBCCES expires- this was a complete last minute room deal that I couldn’t pass up. I

And have been given conflicting info from both the chat (week before ) and email ( month before).

It’s no big deal if I miss UO this trip as it was unplanned but it would be nice to have the option.

2 Likes

Please keep us posted on the process!!

1 Like

i just did this for my son, it was really easy. If you get a letter from child’s doctor about why they need it, the process is almost immediate. Do check out the website in advance so you understand what type of accomodations you should request.

2 Likes

Thank you soooo much for this update!!

With so much confusion & anger from Disney fans about DAS it’s nice to see how simple & easy UOR is doing this. I hope your son has a great time!!!

2 Likes