New online dashboard helps fliers navigate flight delays and cancellations

Whether this will be helpful or not, I do not know, but FYI to all fellow travelers!

3 Likes

I saw an article about this a few days ago and book marked the page. Hurricane season can mess w/ travel :wink: thanks for sharing it

3 Likes

Well it’s very easy to see from that first grid what are your safest bets (ie who provides all or even most services) vs who doesn’t (:eyes: Allegiant)

secret Allegiant tarmac video
atv-run-over

3 Likes

I shouldn’t laugh, but I assume the kid was Ok so….

:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Is it me or does the whole thing still miss the entire point of the problem? “Hey we hit you with a car, but we’ll give you a free voucher to go to the local ER.”

Here’s a thought: STOP HITTING PEOPLE WITH YOUR CAR!

We wouldn’t NEED this if they would stop pulling the rug out from under people. So how about we address that instead of addressing the fallout of it?

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

8 Likes

I agree - what they really need is an accessible, immediate database of the actual, official, bonafide, completely-vetted, no_BS reason for EVERY delay or cancellation so the airlines can’t play the “ball ball who’s got the ball?” game with people trying to get compensation through them or their own travel insurance.

And not a “here’s what the airline reported the problem was and it wasn’t them” database.

2 Likes

100% agree. I read an article yesterday where the airlines were congratulating themselves for their actions of lowering the time you have to be delayed before they give you a food voucher from 4 hours to 3 hours. Like… maybe quit delaying so many flights and you could have done that without it even causing a blip on your radar.

4 Likes

New plan: do away with the airlines and everyone invest in flying cars. Solves all the problems! :smiley:

4 Likes

Can’t we just skip to teleport already though? Flying is so 20th century.

4 Likes