New offer for winter stays at WDW: PACKAGES ONLY

3 Likes

Is this our first glimpse of the end of revenge travel? They were so stingy with discounts this fall and now they have a package deal starting in 6ish weeks during one of the busiest times of year?

3 Likes

DFB wrote a piece on the end of revenge travel and use of DVC saved points and expectations for the near future. I think you’re right about Disney reading the tea leaves :wink:

2 Likes

Now I just need them to add a resort-only discount for next year…

4 Likes

So… maybe? I do see things petering off a little bit (but not tremendously) in my own business.

I will suggest that perhaps they are able to expand staffing at resorts to support opening room availability that has been closed to this point.

But I will also ask the readers to note how incredibly specific the details of the offer are. Few dates, no weekend nights, etc etc. And that’s on top of saying that not every room will qualify. So they can say you’ll save up to $400 but first you gotta find that unicorn and make sure you can ride it.

I will also say that generally speaking there isn’t much in the way of availability at ANY WDW resorts in December (I’ve cobbled together more than one split stay to make a trip work) so I’m curious how many rooms there really are. I think this discount may be more about optics than anything

6 Likes

Yeah I knew availability would probably be slim in December, but the whole month of March and weeknights during Jan/Feb was surprising to me. I booked a dedicated reservation for January already, but would have been nice to book this package if it was made available earlier.

1 Like

I just called to see if I could apply the offer to my stay at ASMu and it was already no longer available. They did still have some availability at Sports and Pop. This is for 1/21-1/29.

1 Like

I am going to piggyback onto this post

Disney Visa card offer I just got in an email

1 Like

Yup that seems to have been added sometime during the day as well. I saw it when I went on to book something during my lunch.

1 Like

Thanks for the post. Just saved a little money on our trip!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! Weird enough, the Visa discount for AOA suites was better than the AP discount that I previously booked-
Always trying to fool us Disney, but we are too smart!!

3 Likes

I call lame on all these deals mainly because there are none active before December 11. I feel like in years prior there was some kind of deal active for any given day including late Nov/ early Dec. or maybe I’m just bitter that none will work for my trip.

3 Likes

Thank you for this post. I am planning a trip for 3 high school seniors in March and the dates saved us over $400 for the week.

2 Likes

Would really love it if they would bring back the ability to buy annual passes. Do you hear me Disney!?! I WANT TO BUY AN ANNUAL PASS SO I CAN VISIT MORE FREQUENTLY AND SPEND MORE MONEY AT YOUR RESORTS AND PARKS!!!

7 Likes

So much this. We have two trips coming up and I’d love to get an annual pass. DW and I were also talking about a F&W adults-only trip in the fall next year, but we’d need an annual pass to be able to fit that in…

2 Likes