New Magic Bands upgrade finally Available

You did. But did you get the pencil too?

Obviously. And the keyboard. My life is so perfect right now.

2 Likes

I wanted to decline my MBs. They are an issue in my account and now I am being forced to order two more. Since they insist, I am getting the castle .

1 Like

Were you the target market for that $999 apple monitor stand?

1 Like

Haha. Yes. And no. Iā€™m not a Mac Pro user. No way I could afford one of those, or need one. And, actually, I thought the stand was kinda ugly. But I do find it almost impossible to buy extras that arenā€™t made by Apple. I would never buy a non-Apple Apple Watch strap, for example. Or a non-Apple iPad case.

1 Like

Iā€™m annoyed that I canā€™t see both sides of the magic band in their preview. So I went to shop disney and found this one which I like much better. That Dory face cracks me up. I think thatā€™s what Disney is trying to do with all of this. Get me to spend money I never intended on spending in the first place on something that I never knew I wanted. jerks.

4 Likes

Not sure if this was already mentioned elsewhereā€¦

Once again, I am convinced someone high up in Disney is watching our boards (AND LISTENING TO MEEEEEE!! ā€¦eeeeven though this was probably a very logical progression of thought. Donā€™t take this away from me.)

Limited release ones are being added to the roster and theyā€™re $15 bucks.

3 Likes

i had been checking MDE everyday since the beginning of this fiasco - looking to see what ones were available - wanted to get my DD a special one for our trip - unfortunately every day they were different so never really had her look at any of them as they might be gone in 2 seconds. Shes partial to pink - so finally had seen a couple and of course she found one she liked - the park food treats - tried to buy and buy - no go - was gone. Checked a couple days ago - and the Its a small world one popped - this time, didnt check with her, just picked it, and Voila! yay, it worked. Just got confirmation they shipped! Cant wait to see them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yep, not falling for this again

(j/k, i checked. no birthday one)

Just a warning to anyone ordering these to watch their credit card statement ā€” I ordered on 6/21, received the band shortly after that, and only got charged yesterday 7/18! I was very confused by the $10 Shop Disney Parks charge and had to comb back through last monthā€™s statement to verify I didnā€™t get double charged (I didnā€™t). Maybe payments are also part of the issues theyā€™ve been having with this?

It took 2 weeks for them to charge me when I got mine in the first release but a month is ridiculous!

Should I even tell you that I saw the birthday one a couple of days ago? Our trip isnā€™t until January, so Iā€™ve just been checking periodically out of curiosity. I did notice the bday one since DS18 will have his 19th bday while we are there. :wink:

I just checked again and now I donā€™t see it, but I swear, it was there!

2 Likes

giphy%20(2)

1 Like

They are in stock and then not in stock! It changes every hour of everyday! Driving me crazy. Ahhhhhh. I have 5 to get for the next trip and have even gotten as far as check out and have been unsuccessful. Magic band upgrades have now become my nemesis. Dont necessarily need the upgrade but because I canā€™t seem to get them oh I feel like I need themā€¦Disney you have done it again!

1 Like

I have been trying to get that one too. (Bday one) It was on there for more than one day even. But every time I tried to order it, it said my order could not be completed. Tried many times, different devices, different internet browsers over a few days, to not prevail. Still have 50 some days to complete my order, so the anger has not set in yet, but hope this gets sorted out soon.

1 Like

Late to this but have to laugh. I actually called to decline mine and it didnā€™t take! They insisted. So I got the castle :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am doing a split stay and I learned later you can decline during online check in. It was really silly since I did not want to check in under I was under 30 days. I donā€™t know why they changed it. If they announced that change I missed it.

I donā€™t know why, but I looked. Nada. Shopdisney doesnā€™t even have them. Oh well, thatā€™s $10 disney wonā€™t get.

Yet.

1 Like

I still have time, but itā€™s so frustrating. I log in, everyone decides what they want, and just like that, out of stock. Only minutes go by. ā€™ 27 availableā€™, ā€˜10 availableā€™, ā€˜32 availableā€™, all within 10 mins of logging in and out.

One time we go them all picked, hit order and could not complete. Iā€™m thinking about paying full price just to get the ones we want.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Maybe this was the trick all along. I have always been perfectly fine with the solid bands and never thought of buying upgraded ones. Now, like you, Iā€™m so frustrated trying to get the $10 ones, Iā€™m ready to pay $25 each. Itā€™s like a Disney evil spell.

4 Likes