New, legit ways for Chapek to take our money

So hear me out here! There obviously seems to be no end to the ways that he would like to help us part unwillingly with our money. I’m looking straight at you Genie+! And yet I feel like they leave so many things on the table that would actually make people WANT to give them money.

Once upon a time I was a die hard Star Wars fan. I attended the Boston premiere of The Phantom Menace in full costume regalia. But old age and JJ Abrams have tempered those expectations so there’s no way on earth $6k for the Star Cruiser is happening.

But now I’m a (geriatric) millennial with a few extra dollars to spend and two semi over-indulged children. We did this yesterday and am embarrassed to say how much I paid but my DS6 literally pulled me aside to thank me and told me I “made his day.”

My revenue generating suggestion: A two night stay in the new Australian Outback hotel complete with rousing games of Keepy Uppy, an excursion to the creek and pavlova served at all meals, including brekky. If the young ones are successful in their quest to located the Pen Dragon, they can unlock the full Dance Mode. Take my dollar bucks Mr. Chapek!!

17 Likes

I’d pay $$$ for a meet and greet with Muffin, Winton, and Bingo

3 Likes

My DS3 was literally upset that Bluey had come without Mum! But aww, Winton! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

So cute! We love Bluey. My kids literally dropped everything and ran to the TV when I told them the season 3 was available a week or two ago

1 Like

…my son requested and got a “duck cake” for his birthday in March

1 Like

So I don’t have the faintest idea who all you’re referring to but I did search for the hotel.

This is a brilliant idea - themed hotels as mini-parks at WDW. Themed new hotels. Like Pop size but of course they’d wind up twice or 4 times bigger.

Money is tighter for many parents but time is even more of a squeeze. Themed hotels provide a Disney fix of a more doable length.

Thanks for another “trip report”.

2 Likes

Pictures!!!

If you have Disney+ I challenge you to just try one episode of Bluey. I think my husband and I love it more than our kids, who love it to pieces! Check out the episode “Markets.” Season 1 I think episode 12. They are only 8 minutes.

5 Likes

Bluey is good but it needs more screentime for Snickers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My kids want to go the hotel in Australia so anything Disney can offer in the US will surely save me $$.

3 Likes

I also enjoy Bluey! There are some cartoons I can sit and watch with my kids and enjoy. Phineas and Ferb is another one I like.

3 Likes

I’ll pass this along to my sister, who has Disney+.

Some time in late 2023 or early 2024 we’re to get fiberoptics installed in our rural area. And then we can stream!! :grin::sunglasses:

1 Like

It is actually a recipe from Australian Women’s Weekly…I imagine mainly of the other recipes from this time period featured aspic

6 Likes

Bluey quotes flow freely in this house. It’s amazing how many situations we can apply them to.

4 Likes

You met BLUEY I’m so jealous!!! I absolutely love that show more than my kids do, when the new season came out I forbid them to watch any without me. I legitimately think it makes me a better parent. The episode “Rain” in the new season is so sweet it makes my heart hurt.

4 Likes

Oh my god it’s perfect! I love the addition of the popcorn and the bow! I am NOT showing this to my children whose birthdays are coming up.

I think this is very accurate.

This is fantastic! Deeply themed and based on a movie or show from at least 2010+. (Sorry Jungle Book!)

1 Like

The possibilities both for hotels or the activities within each are immense. And with proper planning and design easily modified to prompt those return visits. :smile:

If I were Disney, I’d design and build 3 at a time, connected by transport. Stay with Moana but have breakfast with Miguel.

1 Like

Creek is my favorite. Also Camping.

2 Likes

We watch 2 episodes before bedtime every day. That would be awesome if they could get rights to have Bluey in the parks

2 Likes