New info on ROTR virtual queue

Only those in the virtual queue will be allowed to ride. There is a MB scan when joining the physical queue, and DW and I were both scanned a second time about halfway through the queue (presumably to make sure no one without a BG hopped into line after the first scan point, similarly to what several rides did with FP+).

Having said that, when going for the BG for real, there will be no ‘extra step’ of ‘select all’ as the system will automatically check off each person that has a valid ticket and park reservation, so don’t even look at your list and just hit ‘join’ on the two consecutive screens as quickly as possible. The following screen that gives your BG number will also say how many in your party the BG covers. If by chance the system didn’t get your whole party, have a CM fix that before you first scan in to the physical queue.

1 Like

Great, thanks so much Tall Paul! This is really helpful to know. I was worried that I was too slow to get a BG, but I feel better as I’ve gotten them a couple times when just clicking ‘join’ twice rather than selecting all for my group. Such a relief. Thank you!

Agreed with @Tall_Paul1. Don’t worry about adding your party - it will be done automatically on the day you have a park reservation. Just click “Join” on both screens as quickly as you are able.

It wouldn’t hurt to turn on screen capture so that if the app doesn’t select your whole party or if you experience some other glitch, you will have evidence to show Guest Services.

2 Likes

Great idea Jeff - thank you! Now I just need to figure out how to turn on screen capture . . . :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

If you have an iPhone, it is usually a shortcut button on your home screen. Swipe down from the top right and push the button that looks like a circle with a larger solid circle in the middle.

We have a group of 10. So just want to clarify something - on the actual days when we all have the park pass/ticket - and I (hopefully!) get to the third screen where I select my party - will that blue Join button be visible without having to scroll down? With 10 people that should be already automatically selected - will the Join button be sitting on top or will I have to scroll down to be able to see it and click? (I understand at that step I need to click Join even if I’m the only one shown selected and deal with adding others later, but just wondering where that button will be with such a large group!)

@Jeff_AZ Ah, yes, didn’t even know this feature existed. I had to first to into Settings > Control Center > and select + next to Screen Recording. It now shows up in my shortcut swipe. Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve read conflicting claims that everyone in your group should try for a BG because it increases your chances, but I’ve also read that if everyone tries it will glitch or give you an error message. Can anyone verify who has visited and tried recently? Is it better to have one person try or everyone in our group?

For some reason, CM’s are trained to instruct that only one person should attempt. But many large groups, especially lately had multiple people attempting and had success.

3 Likes

Perfect - we’ll have 6 of us trying! Thanks!

Sure! And you can hit join as early as 6:59:58. Good luck!

I think the CM’s are telling people that only one in the group should try because that would mean less phones are trying, which means less strain on their network. That is good for Disney, not so much for you.

2 Likes

I am locking this thread and noting the VQ is no longer in place.