New idea: Cheap hotel suggestions

My family stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas last year and loved it! It’s 3.5 or 4 stars (depending on the site you book it on). It has 7 pools, tennis courts, mini golf, 3 restaurants on site and is really great for families. They have 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom villas that are really nice and spacious. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa. I’d say it’s comparable to a deluexe hotel onsite at WDW.

If you go to the Marriott site directly to book I have found them to have the best rates. If you have AAA or CAA you can get a big discount. They are surprisingly affordable…from $116 USD per night for a 1 bedroom villa in May and from $194 USD for the 2 bedroom in May with the AAA discount.

The only downside is they don’t get you the 60 day fast pass access. However, it’s only a 10 minute drive to WDW…so it’s closer than some “onsite WDW hotels” if you have a car to get to WDW.

I spent a month researching hotels last year and this hotel had it all: tons of amenities, great location (close to WDW, shopping and restaurants), plus there was no resort fee. We got free parking, free wifi internet and free access to the resort and daily housekeeping.

1 Like

I’m considering booking a Disney Springs Hotel through Priceline just to get the good deal. However, I’m concerned about whether I will still be able to get the 60-day Fastpass advantage if I book through Priceline. Have you had any experience with this?

not yet. I think you should be able to - I mean you get 60 day FP if you go through a travel agent or rent DVC points through a 3rd party. Having said that, I linked my Disney Springs Hotel to MDE but CMs say they don’t see it??? I added 1 night because my flight would have been so late the following day. So I am not that concerned about the 60 day from that point.

I too stayed there and it was pretty bad. I am by no means a hotel snob, but the price wasn’t that great and the hotel was pretty rough. The shuttle service wasn’t great either. The only good side for you would be my room was huge.
I think you can do better for the price.

1 Like