New Disney Flex Passport

Has anyone here gotten the new Flex Passport? My daugher’s SoCal Select expired August 28 and we are considering the Flex for her. Especially since we had to buy a two day ticket for her for DL next week anyway and we can trade that in toward the new pass. I’m just curious about the reservation process. It looks like there is no limit on how many premium days you can reserve as long as they are available. And we would have to be able to reserve both Thursday and Friday next week to make it work.

2 Likes

I don’t have it, but I’ve read a lot on it & there are users on the DLR Lines App chat who have reported great success in using it.

There is a limit of 2 days at a time and a max of 30 days in advance for which you can hold reservations.

So far, it seems that the only day that sold out of reservations was July 4th. Most people who have the pass, even if they need more than 2 days within a 30 day period have reported that they have been able to grab their 1st two dates with ease & then once they scanned into the park on that first day were then able to grab another reservation for a future 3rd date (again had to be within the next 30 days).

Also it seems that as soon as you purchase the pass it becomes active (making that date your renewal date) and you were able to make reservations instantly for the next 30 days (not like other pass types where you could purchase in advance, only activating once you first entered the park making that your renewal date).

1 Like

Good to know. When I called to see if we could apply her two day ticket to the Flex Pass, they did tell me that on her first day (8/29) she would be guaranteed entry to both parks. But we’ll need to get her a reservation for the following day. It doesn’t seems like that will be an issue. TP has the CL at a 1 for DL that day. We have to buy her pass at the park since we’re essentially upgrading her 2 day ticket and we have to wait for her SoCal Select pass to expire on 8/28.

1 Like

What’s the best source to find more info on this DLR Flex Passport?

Did they say you could apply the ticket to a pass during the second day? Typically I have heard that for other passes you can upgrade through the end of the last day of use. That would at least guarantee entry on both days. But maybe they prohibit that method for a flex pass.

Oh! Didn’t think of that. Maybe I will call back and ask that question. Thanks!

1 Like

I just upgraded a 3 day ticket to the Flex Pass in July and did it on my last day before leaving the parks. I did this so I didn’t have to deal with the reservation issue (and also to keep my 1 Magic Morning). No issues at all.

2 Likes

Did they apply the whole 3-day price or a pro-rated portion toward the Flex Pass? I assume the full amount but I could see them trying to limit the benefit of waiting till the last day.

They gave me credit for the 3 day ticket plus the cost of Maxpass for 3 days. I had saved some money buying the ticket from Undercover Tourist, so Disney actually gave me credit for more than I actually paid (only $20, but every bit counts). The expiration date is the day you first used the ticket, a year later. So it doesn’t matter if you upgrade on day 1, 2, or 3- the expiration day will always be the date of first use but a year later.

1 Like

Thanks @Wahoohokie! This is great info!

2 Likes

Most of what I’ve read is from regular DL guests (local & non-local) who’ve discussed it on the DL Lines App chat feature. But someone posted a link to this fabulous review that the OC register did of this pass:

And in the Google search for that specific article, I saw this one pop-up that seems pretty comprehensive on how it works:

3 Likes

My friend got it in July when we went and has since gone twice. She loves it!

1 Like

Thanks for the info! That is so frustrating - when I spoke to a CM over the phone about applying the amount paid for the park hopper+maxpass tickets to the flex pass, the guy said that they know the amount that you pay through the 3rd party vendors, then they have you pay the balance to convert to the flex pass. We’ve already bought our tickets for our September visit from the Disneyland website (needed them for the kids birthday cards). It would have saved us $380 for our family. Ouch!

1 Like

Oh no! Sorry you got bad info.

I was also told on the phone that they would only apply what I paid to the third party vendor. However, at the ticket booth, we were given the full face value. Either way it was worth it to me. Sad it didn’t work out for you!

1 Like