New Dining Plan?

Oh I see, I thought you meant it was there to be booked but then wouldn’t let you select it.

No, booking in general was down. About to check again.

2 Likes

Great minds think alike. I was just doing the same. Booking is still unavailable.

I expected it to be a little more

2 Likes

Yeah, with tax it came out to 90.60/night per adult (me). DxDP is 118.99/night per adult w/tax.

Staying with DxDP is $141.95 more for me, but I’ve got a few 2 credit meals I don’t want to give up, so I’m sticking with what I have just to keep the closer to all-inclusive feel.

1 Like

I love appetizers but after a couple of meals it becomes a lot for me. I think value wise the deluxe can save a lot of money. I could make this new plan work too but I agree with signature meals the deluxe plan cannot be beat.

1 Like

There’s also a resort price hike. I went to modify my reservation just to see what it would cost me and the room is $20/nt more than what i currently have. The new plan would be a break even for me, since we usually do 1 TS breakfast and 1 TS dinner and skip lunch. But when you add the $20 extra per night its no longer worth doing for convenience.

I’m really excited about the new plan! We’ve never done a dining plan because none were a good fit. We don’t do many QS meals but 3 TS per day was too much commitment for us.

1 Like

Has anyone tried yet to get a current dining plan reservation switched to this one? I’m thinking about it but don’t want to put in the effort if they wont let me make the change.

It’s more money for them, I doubt they would turn it down.

Also keep in mind that if your room rate and ticket rate went up since you booked, you will have to pay that increase to modify your reservation.

1 Like

My reservation is DVC so this isn’t a factor to me. But I wouldn’t think you would need to re-book your entire trip to change the dining plan.

You can do it. I just went all the way to checkout just to see what the pricing was. It would change my room rate so i just cancelled the change.

But if you called and asked to just change the dining plan only-I wouldn’t think it would change your rate

1 Like

I read that you should call if you want to change, and they should be able to do it without affecting your room rate.

I might try that in a week or so. Not fighting the slamming phone crowds today.
Can someone refresh my memory though - if you make changes to a reservation on the phone, does it lock you out of making payments online. I know the system is so broken that way. I don’t want to be stuck calling for everything.

Anyone know if there are restrictions on how many you can use each day? I know you get 2 meal credits per person, but could I use 7 on one day if I wanted like you can with other dining plans? Just curious.

I would assume it will work in exactly the same way as the others and you can use the credits whenever you want.

1 Like

Usually the restrictions on any packages mean if there is an increase since you have booked any changes to any parts allow them to apply the increases.

It’s on the UK site now, although I didn’t try an actual booking.

Edit: I just tried and it didn’t show up on the booking page. But the fact it’s on the U.K. site suggests to me it will be offered at some point.

2 Likes