New Design for Hotel Room Finder Tool

Yeah, we’ll submit it. And we have a private email, just for us, that goes to Centralized Inventory Management.

@poohfanclub Good luck with your request. Let us know how it goes, please.

4 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

Our trip last weekend the CM could see our room request when I went to ask for a change. She saw that I requested 50s or 60s at Pop and 1-2nd floor. We arrived earlier in the day. So I think that is why we were given a room in the 80s section building 7 because it was ready at 11am.
We waited till about 3 pm to get our room assignment. This is the first time I went to request a new room and I’m glad I did!

1 Like

I’m told that arriving earlier and asking for a room will often override everything else, if your requested room isn’t ready. And that makes sense.

4 Likes

We were assigned a room as our Uber was pulling into Pop. I did do online check-in though. I do think arriving early triggers a room assignment if one is available.
DH, DS and I had a small debate on check-in being at 3 or as early as 3. I tried to tell them sometimes you have to wait past 3. And they argued that 3pm check-in meant we would have a room by 3pm. Please guess when I got the new room ready text :roll_eyes: I haven’t lived it down yet. But I know it can be later than 3pm at times. How I wish it was later than 3 this time.

3 Likes

This may be Pop specific but we always take flights that get us to resorts before 9:00 AM and I have successfully gotten my requests at Pop the last 9 trips. My requests are very broad though–I ask for any room in building 4, 5, or 6. I usually get the room isn’t ready text as soon as I arrive at Pop. The rooms my not be ready until later in the day but we go straight to the park and that’s fine.

6 Likes

I’m having an issue with our beloved Room Finder and I want to know if everyone else is experiencing this.

When I make in my selections on the filter on the left and hit SHOW MATCHING ROOMS, then select a room from the map, if I want to go back and select a different room, I click the link at the top that says “BACK TO ANIMAL KINGDOM KIDANI VILLAGE VILLAS”, then it brings me back to the completely unfiltered map. I have to put in my room type, floor, etc. all over again. It seems it doesn’t go back just one jump.

If I use the browser’s back button, it does go back to the last page, with my options selected. I don’t think it used to be this way. FYI and thanks for everything.

1 Like

Yes!! This is sooooooo very aggravating. That is not how it worked before. My experience is the same as yours.

2 Likes

Agreed, but the previous version was only a pop-up window with the room view info and you closed that window. That put you back to your highlighted building. Then you could either click on another room, or click on “Back to resort hotel map.”

Now, when you click on a highlighted room to see the room view, it’s a full page, not a pop-up window. If you do the browser “back” button it essentially closes that page and puts you back at the highlighted building, where you continue the same as before.

3 Likes

I have the same experience. It definitely wasn’t like that before. But I just back button instead

2 Likes

Thank you for articulating this! I noticed it the other day when I was trying to find where my room assignment was and it was pretty frustrating, though I did eventually find it.

It would also be nice (if it’s not already a feature I couldn’t locate) to be able to search by room number.

3 Likes