New Blog Post: Priceline Deals: Let’s Get Sporty

I have a new TP Blog post out with calendars showing the AS Sports hidden deals at Priceline through June for those who like sub-$100 Disney rooms. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Those Sports deals are wild, almost makes me regret using my DVC points when I could have gone for this cheap!

5 Likes

Checking this out! We are going to Epcot after hours on May 30 and looking to spend just one night at Disney…thanks for posting!

4 Likes

@JJT - I just gotta say thanks…Using the same principles you just saved us about $60 a night on an upcoming NYC trip…

4 Likes

Thanks so much for your work on these deals!

3 Likes

I just found out that Interval International (timeshare company) works with Priceline to provide hotel discounts, but there are no gimmicks. Therefore, I can see and book these “express deals” transparently. So I booked the ASSports via that before I saw your post about these deals. Sure enough, the inventory matches up. There are some POR rooms for a great value during June dates as well, if you’re fancier than value resorts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Huh, That’s cool!

I wonder which shows up first - the Interval listings or the hidden deals? Hmm.

Here’s an example of what it looks like:

Here’s the ASSports deal:

3 Likes

Wow, that interface is 100% Priceline - are they owned by the same company, I wonder?
Guessing one can’t search those without having a points contract membership?

1 Like

That’s phenomenal- can I ask were you using a stand alone interval account?

Edited to ask did you use an interval corporate account through DVC or another company? Or just a membership you enrolled into?

Thank you buy the way you just saved me quite a bit

2 Likes

I was using my account for my other timeshares. I don’t even know how to use my DVC membership for II (I should probably look into that since it’s free and the getaways might be a better deal through DVC).

All I know is that they now contract with Priceline to provide their discounted hotels. I can’t remember who they used previously but I want to say Travelocity…maybe Expedia. So now it’s an Interval skin on the Priceline site minus the Priceline shenanigans.

1 Like

Another interesting fact: my “non-shenanigans” rate is also refundable:

3 Likes

Ok great I could see it with my platinum membership but not through DVC- no link

1 Like

@SenoraG Just was thinking about this - did you happen to notice if there were any of those low Disney resort prices out in July or August on that site?

I keep checking PL to see if any new deal drops occur and have been surprised nothing new in summer yet - curious if they are showing up over there.

Nope, doesn’t look like it. I think these are last-minute-ish deals because occupancy is low.

1 Like

Thanks! Keep hearing the summer bookings are flat, so more than half expected some new things to appear.

3 Likes
  • do to life circumstances I am currently sitting on couch for 4 more weeks
    let me know if there are specific dates/rates your looking to compare.

@SenoraG - curious is your II account platinum? Also if you don’t mind answering do your units receive any type of II preference - example- my account is platinum w/marriot preferences…

2 Likes

Just regular old boring gold here. We have units in various resorts in FL with independent boards and small management companies (Madeira Beach, Cocoa Beach–not THAT ONE! and 2 in Treasure Island). We sometimes use the weeks and sometimes trade.

1 Like

Thanks Noreen!

I was just wondering if they release the Priceline deals over on that site before any show up on the public hidden deals. :slight_smile:

1 Like