New Annual Pass program " membership"

3 Likes

So ā€¦ 2022? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I am thinking sadly. I see they are trying to throw a few perks in there

I will be trying for one of the reservations :blush::crazy_face:

3 Likes

I saw this. We had passes, and my husband received the refunds, but I cant find the cool title or any information on it. Are we Legendā€¦I mean legacy, passholders forever more. Or just until 2022 when the new programs roll out.

1 Like

"Dennis Speigel, an industry expert with International Theme Park Services, expects there to be tremendous pent-up demand once California theme parks reopen:

ā€œWhen we return and things reopen itā€™s going to be like the Roaring ā€˜20s. The dam is going to breakā€¦ Everybody is going to be at capacity ā€” Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Magic Mountain, and Knottā€™s Berry Farm. Theyā€™re all going to be at capacity because we certainly know there are enough people to fill them up .ā€"

Will it though now? So AP holders would spend roughly x amount for passes, either up front or manageable monthly payments. Given that CA has been entirely shut down, maybe those people saved the cash and will not mind buying a few day passes here and there when reopening does happen.

But what about the people who lost their jobs or people who canā€™t afford the disposable income daily tickets demand.

Will the capacity crowds be the people who were scared away by the APP people to begin with?

2 Likes

I think the economy is going to stink by 2022/2023. Iā€™m not sure the dam is going to have enough power behind it.

3 Likes

Well, the savings rate is up (at least with those still working) So, I think a great many people will have the money.
I know Iā€™m burning through my vacation time because anytime someone suggests something my reaction is ā€œSure, weā€™re in.ā€ Just yesterday a group weā€™re in posted a 4-day camping trip in June. I made the State Park reservation without discussing it with my family or having a clue what the activities are. Donā€™t know, donā€™t care. I am going stir-crazy. I donā€™t think Iā€™m the only one. There isnā€™t that much to do.

5 Likes

It sounds like fuel costs are predicted to soar again.
Now - camping I could see getting some traction.

1 Like

They just allowed camping back in CA. I expect it to be insane for a while.

I would love it if Disneyland was not packed when it reopens (and for the following year or two), but I find it very doubtful. But I will happily take advantage of it should there be a lull in park attendance. Disneyland folk are a different breed and will pretty much do anything to get there. Watching many of them head over to WDW to quench their Disney thirst only to find that it made them miss Disneyland even more! I have plans with multiple people to head over as many times as possible for the foreseeable future and I know we are not alone. We also have magic mountain passes too. Not sure what is up with them yet.

4 Likes

This will be me in May! :joy: I told my wife if Disneyland opens before we go to WDW, we will go there first. lol

4 Likes

Here is the page, loaded today, that may help answer some questions.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/legacy-passholder-program/

2 Likes

And by today, I meant 2 days agoā€¦where do the days go? Yikes.

2 Likes