Never Tell Me The Odds: A Family Trip Report

I put off starting this trip report because I could hardly believe that it was finally going to happen. Since we are heading for the airport at 2:30 AM, I feel like maybe I can begin!

This trip was originally meant to take place last summer as my daughter’s high school graduation trip. It was also meant to celebrate my 20th anniversary and my parents 55th. It’s been a really hard year for us, like it has been for so many others. My husband and I both teach, so we did the whole virtual and synchronous routine. We had a lot of support, but I really hope to have all of my first graders back with me for this school year! Then in the spring, my nephew unexpectedly passed away. Soon after that, his dad (my BIL) had a heart attack and multiple strokes on the operating table. He spent weeks on a vent before he finally pulled through. It’s just been a really hard time for my family, and we are looking forward to the time away. I am so happy that I can take my parents. I look forward to seeing them relax and laugh. They’ve been to Disney with us once before and just loved it.

Star Wars will be our top priority. I will try not to worry too much about everything else. Remind me that I said that!

Our trip includes: me(50), DH (50), Bethany (19), Brandon (17), Dad (77), and mom (75)
July 13-20 at CSR

47 Likes

Safe travels!

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s not an ideal flight time, but our original flight was canceled. It was first thing in the morning or landing later in the evening.

3 Likes

First of all, I hope you have an awesome trip!

Also, I am a first grade teacher too! I am looking forward to a year in person (knock on wood!!)

7 Likes

So happy your trip is finally here! You deserve the best time and I can’t wait to follow along!

7 Likes

Yay! Another first grade teacher! I hope you are relaxing after that school year!

5 Likes

Also, my name is Jennifer too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Thanks! Hopefully I don’t fizzle out with my reporting, but that’s a real possibility. I’m trying to talk Bethany into taking it over.

7 Likes

Have a great trip! I’m looking forward to following along.

May the Force Be With You!

8 Likes

Thanks! I know you get my stress about it. I mean we went out for dinner tonight to keep the house clean. I get in the car, and my husband has the Imperial March playing. No pressure, no pressure at all!

9 Likes

:notes: Jennifer, Juniper :notes:

3 Likes

This is so me! :joy:

8 Likes

Hope you have an awesome trip!!
Safe travels!!
No worries if the report fades in and out. Enjoy being in the now!!

3 Likes

So glad you can take this trip with your whole family! My DW teaches Life skills K-2. Have a smooth flight!

5 Likes

Have the best and happiest time – and certainly your thread title is in the Best Ten Thread Titles ever!!!

10 Likes

Have a wonderful time!

1 Like

Skywalker, our dog, will be having his own vacation at the kennel. I don’t think he’s happy with that plan!

34 Likes

So glad it’s here. I haven’t been in Cava lately but I’m also glad to hear about your BiL. Do your best to not stress over anything this week. Just relax and take it all in. You deserve it!

6 Likes

All the best people are named Jennifer :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Safe travels! I am looking forward to following your adventures!!!

1 Like