Nemo or Lion King?

We want to do some shows, but feel like two in one day might be overkill. If I only pick one, which one should I do? 2 moms going solo.

Also which treks are not to be missed and which should we pass on by?

Thank you.

Festival of the Lion King is my “must do” show.

3 Likes

Agree. FOTLK is a must do every visit type of show. I couldn’t imagine missing it.

3 Likes

Lion King came second only to Soarin’ in my “things I liked best at WDW” list. Followed by KS. I used to be an acrobat, so I liked it more than most, but it was really just splendid.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!!!

1 Like

Lion King.

1 Like

:grinning:PICK THE ONE THAT YOU LIKE THE MOVIE THE BEST :grinning:

3 Likes

One more vote for Lion King. I think we will skip Nemo this time around.

2 Likes

Another vote for lion king.

2 Likes

I feel bad suggesting skip them both.
The Nemo music makes my skin crawl and I don’t think i can ever sit through FOTK again. I’d rather wait in line for a ride!

1 Like

I loved FOTLK. The rest of my group was ok sitting through it but would have been just as happy to skip it.

Oh, and you can find videos of most shows on youtube. You can watch a bit of each show to get an idea of which you’d prefer.

2 Likes

Definitely FOLK. It’s an amazing show!

2 Likes

That is a great idea! My family is not a parade/show family, so for my birthday I made them do all the shows and parades at DLR. I LOVED Paint the Night Parade and Fantasmic, but a lot of the others were not my cup of tea (maybe I am not a show person either). This would be a great way to figure out if it would appeal to me. Everyone gushes about Mickey and the Magical Map, but I thought it was dull.

1 Like

Bugs life! Everyone loves those grasshoppers, right?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I agree with that. I love FotLK but it’s not a retelling of the film so it doesn’t really matter if you like it or not. I also love the Nemo show, but I could barely sit through the film once, and I won’t watch it again. I was planning to skip the show but I’m so glad I didn’t.

4 Likes

FOTLK is very cirque du soleil like - think acrobats, dancers, fire twirlers, etc all performing to the music of the lion king. There is not real plot - it truly is a festival celebrating the lion king. I love it - such a beautiful, fun and energetic show.

Nemo is the same plot of the movie, but made into a musical. The puppets are very cool. Some don’t like the music, but I really enjoyed it.

Both are unique, but choosing only one, I’d pick FOTLK.

4 Likes

Frozen sing along in HS :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Another vote for Lion King. Nemo is good, but to me it is a bit long. Lion King doesn 't retell the story , but they dance and do acrobatics to the music.

1 Like

Just as a qualifying statement, our group doesn’t usually do parades, or live action musical shows in general. We prefer being out in the park. We have seen both shows just as a way to get out of the sun and chill out in air conditioning. Having said that, Lion King is a better show, with more surprises, color and energy. Lion King has essentially bleachers to sit on. The theater at Nemo is more comfortable theater seating if the goal is to chill-out, but a very familiar progression in the show. The unique aspect of the Nemo show is the live actors, and puppetry.

1 Like

Definitely Lion King. I’m starting to plan our next trip and that’s on MY must list. Nemo is good, but if you can only do one, then FOTLK is my vote!

1 Like