Help! Don't want to make a mistake. Lots of different pieces to the puzzle so I will do my best to be concise! Here are the facts:
- Staying off-site for 7 days.... Then with new summer discounts, decided to make my DS16 bday trip extra special, so just added surprise 3 more nights on-site at AKL!! (jumping for joy!!!) so 10 total! (Room only ressie)
- Before price hike, bought myself an AP since it was best deal for parking, etc! (Patting self on back) but still need 3 more tix for rest of family (all considered adult tix)
- Just realized I need my tix now in order to get the 60 day FPP window for the on-site days... Originally, UT looks to have best tix price for 6-day PH plus extra day (so 7-day total) But I may want as many as 9 or 10 day tix. However, now that we will have a longer stay, we may spread out our park time and have a few down days, so don't want to commit to the longer tix yet.....
so my questions now are:
- In the past, I have easily added addt'l park days with a Disney issue-tix... will it be easy to bridge the UT tix? (Have seen some threads with recent issues under new tix guidelines) But adding day 8, 9 or 10 at Disney seems to be more economical doing it after with the price bridging from UT
- How do I work my FPP planning... obviously, the last 3 days of our trip on-site first at 60 days out... then make prior off-site 7 days at 30 days out... but I if I only get 7 day tix I can only FPP 4 days of my off-site week, correct? Where are the pitfalls, and is there a better way to do it? (Or will adding days once trip start mess me up....should I just commit to a 9-day now??? I sure like the thought of keeping the initial cc sticker shock to DH low and casually tacking on a few days later at a much smaller price!
I have never ordered 3rd party tix and have never done a split stay so it all has my head spinning and I don't want to mess it up or create a future problem!!! Any advice is welcomed! Thank you liner gurus!!!!